in the synfig bugtracker and forum, waypoints enhancement start to take some space !
Feature request 761 - Drag-select multiple waypoints
Enhancement #193 - New actions for waypoints
Feature request 228 - Select multiple waypoints easily
Enhancement #392 - Easier Waypoints Manipulation
Multi-waypoint deleting thing
Edit Waypoints(keyframe) in Transform Tool panel
Navigation button for nex/prev WayPoint, bis and more
Labeling Waypoints + Waypoint Grouping
This a little summary to provoke some brainstroming, orientation and maybe choices :
Select many waypoints easily.
- #762 Select multiple waypoints using CTRL key
- #761 Click and drag a box around multiple ones to select them all
Move waypoint easily
- Move waypoint easily, via the arrow keys. Modifier keys : no modifier+arrow: ~1/4 second, shift+arrow: 1 second, Ctrl+arrow: 1 frame.
- Move waypoints of several layers to a different time at once (even if not from same parameter) (see also #762)
- When multiple layers selected (or group) and multiple waypoints at same h:m:s:f , modifier-click to display a selector (popup menu?) to select/move only selected waypoint(s)
Navigate through Waypoints
- Waypoint navigation next prev x1 x5 …x10
- Show summary of all waypoints for current layer.
- Display waypoints on the Graph panel over the curve.
- Display “static intervals” between two in different color. (“Static interval” is a segment between two waypoints where the value remains unchanged) (issue #790).
- Highlight the associated parameter into the parameters panel when scrolling manually the timeline (also when playing animation has option?) we pass to a waypoint (to catch them easier)
- Tooltips on waypoints to know “who is who” (needed when multiple layers selected (or group))
- Double click waypoint to show properties dialog
- Change interpolation mode (of wp) by up/down arrows
- Waypoint value edition by vertical dragging on Graph panel.
- Edition of TCB waypoints using bezier handles on Graph panel
- Waypoint configuration in tool option panel
- Waypoint edition : using a panel with instant updating ( -1- when selecting a waypoint : waypoint info displayed in panel. -2- changing waypoint parameter from panel direct update, nothing saved before apply ? -3- TCB info active only if TCB interpollation selected)
- Multi-waypoint deleting thing
- Copy and Paste for multiple waypoints a same time
- Box Selection mode by pressing “B”,
- Deleting selected waypoints by hitting “X / Ctrl+X / Del”
- Scaling / increasing gaps between waypoints by hitting “S” and moving the mouse, as if we’re scaling a model in Blender (or perhaps have “Scale Tool” for the waypoints themselves).
- Translate and move them across the Time Track, Hitting “G”
- and so one ,
Bugs affecting waypoints
- Issue 651 : When shortening keyframe length in Keyframes panel waypoints spills over into the previous keyframe range. (Ready for testing / QA)
What do you think ? new/others ideas i mess ??? …
<Last edit 2019/03/25>