It is mentioned in one of the synfig dev report https://www.synfig.org/2018/05/07/synfig-development-report-51/ that Artem is planning on gradual refactoring of UI & plans to use python instead of C++
I’m not sure whether these questions were answered before choosing python
- What are the most popular UI tools available to develop cross platform applications in opensource community?
- Share of percentage of animators who work on Synfig also work on any of these languages?
- What percentage of opensource UI contributors come from each of the above languages?
- What are performance characteristics of each of the UI choices
- Image manipulation libraries
- Integration with native code (keeping gradual migration in mind)
- UI development tooling & ease of development
Since the people who work in UI also work on animating (a significant overlap when compared to python developers who are server side guys, just like me who is a java developer who works on server side most of the time), its better use tools that give maximum benefit
Please let me know your views