Trying to build Synfig in an Intel Mac

To summarize: if you try to create a circle yourself on the canvas, you see nothing on the canvas; but, if you load the existing .sifz file, you actually do see the animation on the canvas. Additionally, you can see the animation in the preview window. Is this correct?

Are you sure the command “encodedv” is available on your machine? Can you start it by hand on the command line (shell)?

G.

Look at this:

When I open the file, I can’t modify the draw: I can select a layer in the layers panel, but I can’t select a duck.

I tried again from “autoreconf --install --force” (before, I deleted the lines added by myself in configure.ac) without success. Here is the pdf.

Please, tell me how can I do it (what must I write?)
hoy 23 oct.zip (295 KB)

$ encodedv

-G

Additionally, can you show us the contents of your synfig settings file?
It is probably “~/.synfig/settings”.

Thanks!

G.

I have this:
Imagen 2.png

I don’t find .synfig/settings. I dont know if this can help you (the opt directory)
capturas 25 oct.zip (721 KB)

This means that the “encodedv” program is not available to Synfig. Synfig cannot execute it. However, Synfig needs this program to create DV files. Are you sure you have actually installed the “encodedv” program?

No, the “.synfig” directory is supposed to be in you “home directory”, but I don’t know where that is on a Mac.
Maybe it is something like “/Users/rafaymaria”?

G.

I think I hadn’t installed the encodedv program. I couldn’t find it. I wrote “sudo port install encodedv” but it doesn’t work, so I searched it in Internet and I found that libdv contains encodedv. I wrote sudo port install libdv:
Imagen 6.png
I think I have it now :smiley:

For the .synfig directory: Ulrik wrote:

I did that, but I can’t find the settings file. Look at this:

Tell me what do you need I do.

this is the code I use in terminal to download the synfigfiles:
git clone git://synfig.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/synfig/synfig
then you’ll get all the files needed, if you already have a synfig folder at that place you’ll have to delete it otherwise the git will not download the files.

I have done it:
Imagen 7.png
So now I have this:

I have the “settings” file in the “library” folder:

Must I redo the steps from "building ETL?

I don’t think you need to do the etl stuff because it’s already installed right? I would do the core and studio I think it should do it.
You don’t need to do the modifications to the configure.ac file in synfigcore I think it has been takin care of.

I redo from synfig-core, but it doesn’t work. After doing “make” in synfig-core, I have this:
make (synfig-core).png
Here is the pdf. :frowning:
redo from synfigcore.zip (300 KB)

Prehaps I have to uninstall somethig before re-install? :question: :question: :question:

:frowning: I’m sorry Rafael, I don’t know what is wrong, I think I was plain lucky to have managed to install synfig on my machine since I don’t know much about this code language, perhaps Gerco or Genete are able to figure out what is wrong?
Anyway, the /opt/local/bin/msmerge --update es.po synfig.pot error you get, I have had them as well and it didn’t matter for synfig to build, but the all-recursive error is something else.

I hope it will work out alright for you, and if I find something about this errors I’ll keep in touch

Ulrik

I’ve reviewed the pdf output and it seems that only the po files are missing.

/opt/local/bin/msgmerge --update es.po synfig.pot ........................................................................... terminado. /opt/local/bin/msgmerge: `es.po': No such file or directory

I can only guess that msmerge command is not in the correct path or po files are not in the path of msmerge.

-G

I have this:

I did double click on msgmerge and I had this:
Imagen 12.png

I don’t know if it can help. :confused:

This is the ETL folder I had installed:

And this is the ETL folder downloaded from git clone git://synfig.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/synfig/synfig
Imagen 2.png

As you can see, they are different. Is it important? Must I rebuild ETL?

It looks that the ETL from the git clone operation has not been built never.
The ETL, synfig and synfigstudio folders come from a tarballs downloaded from where? If they are downloaded from sourceforge they should just be enough the ./configure, make sudo make install (dunno how is it in Mac, sorry)
The other ETL, synfig-core and synfig-studio folders come from the git clone operation and needs a full build instructions (autoreconf, libtollize, etc.) from what is written on mac build instructions.

-G

As I don’t know how to continue, I’ve tried to build it native (following the build instructions), without success. :frowning:
Waiting orders…

In the post “How to build Synfig in Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10”, Genete wrote “Remove all the packages and re run the commands”. It isn’t linux, but Mac is UNIX too, prehaps if I do the same (clean libraries) and reinstall :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
What do you think?

I think I would start from the beginning again, with ETL and all, starting with fresh downloaded packages, I don’t know about the clean install that you talked about.