Trying to build Synfig in an Intel Mac

I don’t think compiling from the GIT sources will help. Remember that the compilation from the released sources was succesful enough to have a running Synfigstudio.

I think the behavior is either a bug (in Synfig or the support libraries) or a configuration error. Unfortunately, a bug will be difficult to find without some programmer with access to an Intel Mac. The reason why I asked for the .synfig/settings is that it still also can be a configuration problem, for instance, linked to the mouse configuration (like the recent problem with a 64-bit Linux). I would also be interested in which mouse-like devices are available/configured under “File->Input Devices”. Similar information can be found in .synfig/settings. Badly configured mouse devices lead to similar results…

G.

Gerco: Sorry, I don’t understand you. What do you want I do?

Ulrik, in your first post here (Oct 06, 7:40 pm) you wrote:

I think I didn’t do that. Was it important? If yes, How can I do it now?
Thanks. :slight_smile:

Must I write:
export PATH="/opt/gtk/bin:$PATH"
before compile ETL? :question:

I would like you to execute the following command:

sudo find / -name settings | grep -i synfig

This command will show you the full paths of all files that end with “settings” and that also contain “synfig”.

On my machine, for instance, it returns:

/mnt/winxp/Documents and Settings/Gerco Ballintijn/Synfig/settings /home/gerco/.synfig/settings
These are my Synfig settings files on XP and on Linux.

If you find one or more, can you post the contents of these settings files?

G.

Here it is:
Imagen 3.png

and now, What else? :smiley:

Okay.

Can you post these two files to the forum? So that we can see what their contents is?

G.

Here is the first.

But I don’t find “volumes”. I’m searching it…
settings.zip (1.13 KB)

I have two questions:

• Are you using a pointing device other than your normal mouse?
  • Have you changed the settings of the “Input Devices” (“Dispositivos de Entrada”?)

G.

No. I installed a pen tablet (bamboo one) but I never use it, because I work with Synfig in Ubuntu under Parallels (emulation) and I can’t use the tablet because It becomes crazy. I have a wireless keyboard.

I think no. Only when I work with Garageband (audio) I swap the internal microphone for an external:
Imagen 4.png
Imagen 5.png

Hhhmmm, your Synfig settings file shows that there are two pointer devices active (“Core Pointer” and “pointer”), and both operate in the “screen” mode.

I was actually refering to the specific menu entry “Input Devices…” (“Dispositivos de Entrada…”) in the “File” (“Archivo”?) menu of Synfigstudio.

Can you remove the settings file, disconnect the tablet, restart your computer, start Synfigstudio, and see what happens?

G.

My tablet is not connected. I have this:
Imagen 6.png
and this:
Imagen 7.png
When you say “disconnect the tablet”, what do you want?
a) uninstall drivers
b) only not connect the tablet

Rafael, by the two attached images I deduce you have the tablet recognized by gtk as an input device (because you have ‘pointer’, ‘pen’, ‘cursor’, ‘eraser’) and all them (I assume) enabled to 'window" (‘ventana’). So everything points that you have phisically plugged in the tablet.
Gerco is asking to:

1. Shutdown the computer and effectively unplug the tablet. Do not remove any driver or tablet configuration file.
  2. Start the computer and delete the synfig/settings file to make it forget all the settings (in fact you can rename the it and that will do the same effect). Don’t worry, Synfig will create one new based on the default settings. In that case you already have the tablet unpluged and the tablet shouldn’t be recognized by gtk environment.

-G

In addition to what Genete said.

Actually, the devices are set to “screen” (and not “window”). The following lines are from Rafael’s settings file:

input_device.Core Pointer.mode=screen input_device.cursor.mode=disabled input_device.eraser.mode=disabled input_device.pen.mode=disabled input_device.pointer.mode=screen
I would like Rafael to try two alternatives:

• input_device.pointer.mode=disabled and input_device.Core Pointer.mode=screen
  • input_device.pointer.mode=disabled and input_device.Core Pointer.mode=window

That is: step 1 is unplug the hardware.

G.

I worked with the tablet only the day I bought it (six months ago, more or less). Since that, I have it in a box. But the drivers are installed.
So, I try the first alternative editing the settings file:

Now, IT WORKS :smiley:

But I can’t render in dv or ffmpg :frowning:
For the moment, I can only render in jpg or gif. I installed the encode dv library. What do you think?
working but not rendering.zip (24.7 KB)

I have found some problems, working with synfig:
Mirror tool doesn’t work,
Fill tool doesn’t work,
Each time I change the panel, I must do double click.

Here is the messages I had in the terminal, working with synfig.

Estos son los problemas que me he encontrado:
La herramienta espejo no funciona,
la de relleno tampoco,
cada vez que cambio de panel, debo hacer click dos veces (digamos que la primera para seleccionar el panel y la segunda la opción que quiero).

Aquí está la información que me apareció en la terminal después de trabajar un rato con synfig)
trying synfig.zip (38.1 KB)

Does the “encodedv” command work in the shell? Does the “ffmpeg” command work in the shell?

My console shows the following:

$ which encodedv /usr/bin/encodedv $ which ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
Have you tried the synfig command? My console shows the following:

$ /opt/synfig-clean/bin/synfig -t dv eyeblink.sifz -o eyeblink.dv synfig(4191) [12:21:54 PM] info: Loading modules from /opt/synfig-clean/etc/synfig_modules.cfg eyeblink.sifz ==> eyeblink.dv: DONE $ /opt/synfig-clean/bin/synfig -t ffmpeg eyeblink.sifz -o eyeblink.mpg synfig(4195) [12:23:07 PM] info: Loading modules from /opt/synfig-clean/etc/synfig_modules.cfg FFmpeg version SVN-r13582, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al. configuration: --prefix=/usr --libdir=${prefix}/lib --shlibdir=${prefix}/lib --bindir=${prefix}/bin --incdir=${prefix}/include/ffmpeg --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad --mandir=${prefix}/share/man --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-postproc --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libamr-wb --enable-x11grab --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --enable-liba52 --enable-libtheora --extra-cflags=-Wall -g -fPIC -DPIC --cc=ccache cc --enable-swscale --enable-libdc1394 --enable-nonfree --disable-mmx --disable-stripping --enable-avfilter --enable-libdirac --disable-decoder=libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --disable-encoder=libschroedinger --disable-altivec --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-vis libavutil version: 49.7.0 libavcodec version: 51.58.0 libavformat version: 52.16.0 libavdevice version: 52.0.0 libavfilter version: 0.0.0 built on May 3 2009 12:02:42, gcc: 4.3.2 Input #0, image2pipe, from 'pipe:':e 9 of 240 -- 1m 36s Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A Stream #0.0: Video: ppm, rgb24, 480x480, 24.00 tb(r) Output #0, mpeg, to 'eyeblink.mpg': Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg1video, yuv420p, 480x480, q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 24.00 tb(c) Stream mapping: Stream #0.0 -> #0.0 eyeblink.sifz ==> eyeblink.mpg: DONE .6kbits/s frame= 240 fps= 2 q=15.0 Lsize= 406kB time=9.96 bitrate= 334.0kbits/s video:402kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.989382%

G.

Hi, Gerco. I have this:
Imagen 7.png

I don’t know what must I write on the console, so I write this:
/opt/synfig-clean/bin/synfig -t dv eyeblink.sifz -o eyeblink.dv

and I have this:

What must I write?

I start synfigstudio, open a file and try to render in dv. The program closes and I have this in the terminal:

The Synfig project creates two programs:

• synfigstudio - A graphical program that allows people to create drawings and animations
  • synfig - A command line program (shell) that allows people to render drawings and animations

The synfigstudio program allows you to create animations; save those animation to a synfig file (.sif or .sifz); load those synfig files; and export (render) those animations to other formats, such as PNG files, JPG files, MPEG files, AVI files, etc. The synfig program allows you only to convert (render) synfig files to those other formats.

If you can start the synfigstudio program from the shell, like this:

imac-de-rafa-y-maria-bardisa-quintero:~ rafaymaria$ synfigstudio ...
you should also be able to start the synfig program from the shell, like this:

imac-de-rafa-y-maria-bardisa-quintero:~ rafaymaria$ synfig ...
Please try the following:

imac-de-rafa-y-maria-bardisa-quintero:~ rafaymaria$ synfig -t dv test.sifz -o test.dv ...
This line starts the synfig program and tells it to convert the file synfig file “test.sifz” to the DV video file “test.dv”. However, you first need to create the synfig file “test.sifz” in synfigstudio. The file “test.sifz” should be saved in the current working directory of the shell.

G.

PS: It appears that you do NOT have ffmpeg installed on your computer.