Synfig Mac is here!

Hi secondplanet!!
This is absolutely awesome!
We would be very very happy if install Synfig Studio at a Mac becomes so easy! This will be a news entry on the website for sure!

Please let us know when you have all the process finished and tested to make an announcement on the forums and website.

To all other mac users: please report here whether you have success or not with this new procedure.

Thanks!
-G

I’m guessing most people will catch it if it is a typo, but “/usr/loacl/bin/brew” doesn’t look right… You might want to edit that for cut & pasters.

Chris

Hi secondplanet, you are a hero! Finally I can use synfig again, thanks!! :smiley:

I will try this “Homebrew” install and report back

cheers!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi secondplanet. I’m going to try it on my macBook ASAP. I will report you if I have success.

Congratulations and thanks a lot.

I am having troubles with the gtkmm install, this is the error report
/bin/sh: /usr/local/bin/glib-mkenums: /opt/local/bin/perl5: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
this /opt/local directory I don’t have, I only have x11 inside /opt, I guess it’s from my old macport installation

You can use the icon (Synfig Logo) under the same license it has been released (GPL 2.0 or above).
-G

Good work, secondplanet! Waiting for the moment when synfigstudio package will be pulled into the main Git repository and then I’ll update download page on the main website.

This is a great news! Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Well done secondplanet, I’m eager to try it out! :smiley:

Looking good!

Bravo :smiley:
Waiting anxiously :mrgreen: