Synfig 0.63 Release Started!

Synfig Team is proud to announce the release procedure of Synfig 0.63 (formly 0.63.00) I’ll list the task done and pending to do during the procedure.
The target date is May 15th to full code freeze. After code freeze only translations will be incorporated as well as needed code to release new version.
Tasks:

• Merge code at repository. DONE
  • Update Spanish translation at Transifex. DONE
  • Release Candidate #1.DONE
  • Start splash challenge. (coming soon) YOUR HELP HERE
  • Submit bugs. YOUR HELP HERE
  • Update other translations by community YOUR HELP HERE
  • Release Candidate #2
  • End splash challenge
  • Final Release
  • Spread the world

Cya!
-G

Great!
Can you merge the guides code for this release? It’s ready for inclusion as far as I can tell.

As you can see here, guides are already included since it was not needed any merge to include them into master, just a simple rebase.
master already include:

• nikitakit_guides
  • nikitakit_ducks
  • nikitakit_cairo_gui
  • genete_advanced_outline

in that order.

Guides work very well as I have tested in my computer. :smiley:
-G

Oh, I see. I was just confused when I didn’t see a merge message right at the top.

yaiy! starting my day with good news, i can’t wait to test the RCs, i have been playing with the advanced line layer, it’s very interesting but i can’t figure out any use for it, it was already possible to achieve the same effect animating the weight of ducks. looking forward to the first RC

can’t wait for it.

yesterday i built a git version (RC1) and play a bit with advanced outline, really nice one! except the rendering hang up my synfig totally, I am considering to report it as a bug.

Can you reproduce the bug? if so, please let me know as soon as possible :slight_smile:
-G

terminal output:

synfig(2146) [07:45:33 AM] info: ------
synfig(2379) [07:45:57 AM] error: Unable to open pipe to ffmpeg
synfigstudio: xcb_io.c:221: poll_for_event: Assertion `(((long) (event_sequence) - (long) (dpy->request)) <= 0)' failed.
synfigstudio: Fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server :0.
synfig(2379) [07:45:57 AM] info: DockManager::unregister_dockable(): "pal_edit" has been Unregistered
Aborted (core dumped)
bash-4.2$ 

it should be an os specified ffmpeg issue. the other render targets work fine (I tested imagemagic, png).

Release Candidate 1 linux binaries available:
32 bits:
debian package
red hat package
universal binary

64 bits:
debian package
red hat packager
universal binary

Please download and test the binaries and report bugs or unextpected behavior.

Translations updates are welcome: transifex.net/projects/p/synfig/
-G

The link gives me a 404 error.

The correct link: github.com/secondplanet/synfig- … udio-rc.rb

Respect to translations, I will add to master branch any updated translation at transifex.net/projects/p/synfig/ until May 15th.
Past that day, I won’t wait for any other translator request of waiting. Any further work will be included in next release.

Respect to splash screen, this time it will be a bit different. This splash will remain until 0.64 and won’t change between minor releases. Also, there won’t be public voting pool. Only Synfig Administrators will select the winner. In case of no entries or not good enough any of them, the Synfig team can choose a finalist of any of the past challenges.

It is planned to have minor releases more frequently, even if only some bugs has been killed.
-G

I’ve started to translate to French at Transifex, but I think you have to add me in the group to get my changes included, as if I can see my commits only if I’m logged (Synfig Studio to 100% and Core to 83% yet ; My name there is Animtim :wink: )

Hey I’m having an issue with the RC (deb 64 on Ubuntu 10.10):

“synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I think that a dependency link to libxcb-render-util0 is missing, I installed it then now it works :slight_smile:

yes, i’m also having problems with Ubuntu 10.10 Deb 32bits, all dependencies were satisfied, but i have that output in terminal too:

synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@ Vinsy: Just install libxcb-render-util0 by yourself with sudo apt-get or with Synaptic.

@ Genete: Is there a way to use the advanced outline with the drawing tool ?! If not that’s too bad, please add it!
Also is it possible to add some width points on advanced outlines? I didn’t find how to…

Thank you for reporting issue about libxcb-render-util. I’ll take a look at it.

Draw Tool currently can’t be used to create advanced outlines. This feature is postponed for the further release.
To add width point, just right-click on existing widthpoint and choose “Insert Item (Smart)”. New widthpoint will be inserted before the current one.

I have this issue below too.
Is it possible to fix the package or pls let us know exactly which version we need of the render-util lib.

Thanks

issue with the RC (deb 64 on Ubuntu 10.10):

“synfigstudio: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-render-util.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

@Animtim: I’ve seen your translations contributions at transfiex. Can you post your full name here for credits? Will you full translate synfig-core for this release?

@Animtim, Vinsy and carbonphobia:
That’s why this is a release candidate :slight_smile:
We need to fix that dependence in the build package script.
Meanwhile try this:

$ sudo apt-get install libxcb-render-util0

It should work for 32 and 64 bits.

Remember that we are providing packages with virtually none dependence. We create the packages under a chroot environment and prepare all the dependences within that virtual machine. So it is possible that those libraries are included in other libraries in the virtual machine but are split at your system (i.e. ubuntu 10.10). That’s why need your help for testing.

-G