Puppet Turnaround

Hey, everyone! I was wondering if there was a way to make a character rig rotate its head and lower body, like in Adobe Animate/Toon Boom Harmony.

For example, I want the front view of the rig to switch to another view facing right, left, 3/4, etc.

I get the feeling that this is a technique even veteran Synfig animators are still trying to perfect. I don’t have an answer for you, but it might be worthwhile to study the works of Svarov and Khemardi. Their face rigs are quite impressive.

If you can give any example for the character rig it will be useful, you can also give links to what you mean by

I understand that you want to rig a character to rotate it’s head and lower body (maybe whole 360°), by it would be easy if you show what type of character it is, depending on the character sometimes it maybe easy or hard.

If you wish you can also give file for the character.

Sorry for the late reply. I had a lot of stuff to take care of at home, and I had other business to attend to.

Here’s an example of what I mean:
Example Here (I was going put this as a GIF to make it easier to see my point, but I don’t have a way of doing that.)

If you are trying to create something like that, you can use switch layers. To get that, as you don’t want to morph between shapes.

1 Like