[ Pre 1.4.5 / 1.5.2 ] Synfig crash when i click anywhere

So, about a 10 or 20 min ago i download synfig. When i open the software everything worked just fine with a mouse, but when i touch anything with a pen it crashes. I know that synfig isn’t works with gaomon, but i have a mouse mod so it need to work ( welp i think so). Could someone help me with that?

Which version are you using ?
I’m assuming 1.4.x… if so you can try some of the newer development releases, because here look at this (https://github.com/synfig/synfig/pull/2988). This was a bug I think very similar to yours which was fixed.

p.s. the pr has a label “ready to be back-ported to 1.4.5” but I’m not sure if it is back-ported or not yet.

1 Like

Please try this: Huion tablet not working - #7 by weishenme

@Nichi

Unfortunately the fix still hasn’t been released yet.

Which OS you are using? I can build version with the fix for you.

i use Windows 10, but it is not activated yet.

Please try this build: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/vxte9qerblw5u60j/artifacts/SynfigStudio-1.5.2-testing-2023-03-15-win64-25ccd.zip

so, i try it, but it does not work because some files are missing. these files:
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll. , libwinpthread-1.dll. , libstdc+±6.dll. , libatkmm-1.6-1.dll. ( these are for app called “synfigstudio”)
libglib-2.0-0.dll. (these are for “synfig”,“…helper” and “…helper console” )
libgiomm-2.4-1.dll. ( is also for “synfig”)
SDL2.dll. , libmlt-7.dll. (these are for “melt”)

Looks like you run it directly from archive.
You need to unpack this archive to some folder on your drive (for example: c:\Synfig\) and after that run bin\synfigstudio.exe from this folder.

IT WORKS! it doesn’t crash anymore! thank you so much for helping me!

2 Likes

@ice0 is this a direct build from master?
Is there any difference between this package and that provided by morevna builds?

Yes. This is build from AppVeyor.

1.4.4 misses this changes (fix: crash occurs under Wayland when using tablet by alexhaskell · Pull Request #2988 · synfig/synfig · GitHub)

2 Likes