plugin to import keyframes - audio synchronisation

Hello,

I propose a new plugin to help synchronise audio and Synfig animations. It allows to import the timings you highlight as track labels sections in Audacity as Synfig keyframes.

github.com/berteh/import-audaci … -keyframes

Use:

1. use Audacity to label track segments
  2. export your labels via Tracks > Edit Labels > export, in Audacity, and save them as “labels.txt” in your Synfig project directory.
  3. open your synfig project, save it as SIF (Synfig plugins don’t work on -default- sifz for now)
  4. run the plugin at > Plug-Ins > Import Audacity Labels as Keyframes

or use the command-line: (only on sif files, need to unzip sifz manually):

python import-audacity-labels-keyframes.py in.sif (labels.txt (out.sif))

Install

Decompress plugin archive into your synfig plugins directory (in linux: home/.synfig/plugins)

Let me know how this works for you and how to improve the thing.
Berteh.

I’ve been waiting for such plugin for a long time :slight_smile:

Thank you Berteh

you’re most welcome.

I added a tutorial using this plugin for audio synchronisation in Synfig: wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Doc:Audio_Synchronisation

Hi!
Thanks for the wiki tutorial. Great work on a very useful plugin.
Greetz!

it didn’t work for me in the development version :frowning:

I had this message when running synfigstudio from the terminal then running the plugin from the GUI:

[code]synfig(3675) [09:44:54 PM] info: DockManager::unregister_dockable(): “D2F346312AF5C8D31E0290BF5572DD2A” has been Unregistered

(synfigstudio:3675): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_ui_manager_remove_action_group: assertion ‘g_list_find (self->private_data->action_groups, action_group) != NULL’ failed
synfig(3675) [09:44:54 PM] info: Python 3 binary found: python3
synfig(3675) [09:44:54 PM] info: Loading file: /home/ahmed/Desktop/ali.sif

(synfigstudio:3675): gtkmm-WARNING **: gtkmm: Attempt to call Gtk::manage() on a Gtk::Window, but a Gtk::Window has no parent container to manage its lifetime.

Rendering…
Idle (Last rendering time 0.074207 sec)
[/code]

the labels file is attached. what do you think?
labels.txt (94 Bytes)

Hello Ahmed.

Please update plugin (either redownload or do a ‘git pull’ if you cloned it from the repository) and try again.

The locale settings of your system were different than mine, and generated Audacity labels with a “.” as decimal separator, whereas the plugin only supported “,” so far… it now supports both.

Sorry for the bug.
B.

works great, thank you :slight_smile:

the same plugin now allows to generate text objects on top of the importing keyframes… if you ever wanted to import and/or animate subtitles, for instance.

demo at youtube.com/watch?v=F4pDivKQf-g
doc at github.com/berteh/synfig-import-labels/