[Image] Comfy Box (idk why I made this... ._.v)

Before I show you the image (unless you’ve looked at the thread’s thumbnail), I have to explain a bit of context behind this drawing because it’s… quite a strange one.
And honestly, I… don’t have much (or even enough) context to give either.

So this is all started when I was looking for a tutorial video on digital coloring anime hair (with highlights, strands, and all those kind of stuff). After I found one, I decided to try replicate it on Synfig. I figured out that I need to find a pose that shows alot of hair, as it is the main focus of the attempt. One that came into my mind is sleeping pose.

Then somehow, I thought of, “sleeping in a comfy, spacious cardboard box”.

And that’s how this was came to be.

That’s it. That’s the entire context.
Yeah, I really did not think this through… :sweat_smile:

I actually have started this drawing many months ago, but I had to stop working on this for a long while (it was like months of gap). It was halfway done, I’ve finished the lines, base coloring all the regions, and colored her clothes with details. But when I was detailing the hair, I got so demotivated because that part felt extremely daunting, (so… much… layers… to manage… >-<), and I also got reaaally tired at that time. So that’s where I stopped it.

another reason was because Synfig kept crashing when I copy some layers twice. But turns out that was just the ‘Sets’ fault (took me bloody ages to figure that out).

Then about few weeks ago, I came by this file again while browsing through my Synfig stuff. But this time, I’ve had enough of not being able to finish this at all, so I was like, “heck it, let’s just get this done for real, no matter how it’ll turn out”.

Now that I have a slightly better layering knowledge and slightly faster Synfig (and have deleted all of my ‘Sets’ for real this time), finishing the entire hair coloring took me about… a week.
yeah… I felt really stupid now for putting it off for so long :upside_down_face:

Then I moved on to coloring the last bits (facials, the cardboard, etc), taking care some loose ends, and finally, that’s the drawing done!
It’s not really amazing, but I think I did a decent job (especially on coloring her hair). :smile:

I was kinda debating on whether I should add some background to this or not, but I decided not to, just to keep things simple :bulb:

8 Likes

I actually knew someone who used to do this for fun. I think she was double-jointed or something.

Please don’t be upset with me but it reminds me of my cats. They are always sleeping in boxes so they must be comfy. Maybe people should take a hint from the cats and sleep in boxes.