[GSoC 2020] Google Summer of Code 2020

I guess mentor of my project proposal is busy. Can anyone please review my proposal ??

Sorry my delay.
I made some minor suggestions on Docs. Can you see them?

2 Likes

thanks for reviewing I will surely see your suggestions. :smile:

@arya seen your proposal added few comments. Also I am bit of skeptical about indentation(so forgive me for that [^_^]") you should indent your docs.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your review

@ankit @rodolforg Thanks agian for revieiwng mr draft proposal. I have made the changes as suggested by both of you. So can you suggest me more which make proposal better or have a look to check whether I have done changes in right way. :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

@ice0 Thanks a lot for your feedback I have done changes that you suggested. Can you have a look now . Kindly tell me about more improvements that can be made in proposal and check whether I have done the changes correctly. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Reviews from any other will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

@saurabh22 @DestinyGamer243 @manofcode @kamalpreet @harshagrwl @haider_aabbas @ayesdie @arya @brotherlymite @Ayushkgp and all others willing to take part in gsoc.

It’s time to send final proposals to GSoC.

6 Likes

Until today - and deadline is soon!

Ok, everyone, student application deadline is now closed! Much thanks to everyone who submitted!

I just want to remind that the main factor of our decision to accept proposal or not is the amount of your contributions to Synfig code. :slight_smile:

We will make a final decision on April 20th, so you have time to show your skills till that date. Good luck to everyone!

7 Likes

Hi, guys!
I’m Matvey Luboshnikov. I am a student of the Russian Technological University.
I applied for participation in the program. My topic is related to improving the drawing process.
Good luck to everyone!

Just a friendly reminder to request the slots from GSoC. Deadline is an about 2 hours.
@KonstantinDmitriev
@ice0

3 Likes

Thank you for reminder, done yesterday. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats to GSoC students!

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5488108272877568/

Our accepted students are:

@DestinyGamer243 - Intuitive Skeleton tool for Synfig Studio
@saurabh22 - Improvements for Lottie exporter plugin
@ayesdie - CMake Build System

Thanks to everyone who applied. We had many great applications and wanted to accept more students, but this was our allotment from Google. Hopefully, the other good students who had made themselves part of our projects will stay involved if they are able, and there’s always next year.

Important for all accepted students: Please make sure to create a topic for your project in Development section on this forum and use this topic to write a short report about progress every week, answering those questions:

• How was the last week? What did you accomplish?
  • What is the #1 thing slowing you down?
  • What do you want to have done by the end of next week?

This is mandatory thing when coding period start, but I recommend to start the topic earlier. :slight_smile:

Examples from previous year:

9 Likes

Thank you for accepting my proposal :smiley:

I will be using the following topic thread to report on my progress GSoC-2020::Improvements for Lottie Exporter Plugin.

Hoping for an amazing summer working with the Synfig community!

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me work for you guys! :smiley:

Here is the topic thread where I’ll report my progress Skeleton Tool, Google Summer of Code 2020

Excited for this wonderful Summer of Code! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you.

I’ll be using CMake Build System to report the weekly progress of my project.

I’ll make good use of this summer ( ◜‿◝ )

4 Likes

Great! Will be following your threads. :slight_smile:

All students are now added to "“Students” team on GitHub. Please accept the invitation to join.

Also, please make sure to enable notifications for development category - IMPORTANT: Please read this first
This way you can stay up to date with development progress. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations with beginning of coding period! I hope everyone is having a great week! ^___^

Students, please do not forget to submit weekly reports to your project topic threads at the end of this week. :slight_smile: @DestinyGamer243 @saurabh22 @ayesdie

3 Likes

To all mentors:

As you probably know, Google pays to our organization $500 for every student. The payment is done at the end of coding period. Since we got some funds on our OpenCollective account, I thought it would be good if primary mentors can request partial payment for their work at the end of each month.

@ice0 @AnishG Please feel free to request amount up to $170 for June mentorship. You can do that via “Submit Expence” button on this page.

The request form is very simple, you might notice that I already submitted one request and got payment passed. Please feel free to use my request as reference - https://opencollective.com/synfig/expenses/21867 :slight_smile:

2 Likes