[GSoC 2020] Google Summer of Code 2020

Hi, @saurabh22!

Will be nice if you can take a look to LGTM warnings here

This will allow to improve and cleanup plugin code before you begin.

4 Likes

@ice0 Sure! I’ll look into LGTM warnings before starting. :smiley:

Hey there!!!
Just another student trying for GSOC this year.
I am really interested in the ideas scripting and Text Layer rewrite.
I’ll start with going through the docs and building the main repo locally.
I would very much appreciate any kind of advice and feedback.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
I am Kamalpreet Kaur, a student pursuing post-graduation from India. I would like to contribute to GSOC’20 under Synfig.
I am interested to work on the project named Vectorization of Bitmaps. I am done with the Synfig setup. I request the mentors to suggest the issues regarding the project to work on.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @kamalpreet I will be mentoring the project for details about the project see this thread. Where I have mentioned all the details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ankit Got it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. I’m Ayush Srivastava, a pre final year B.Tech student from IIT Kharagpur. I’m interested for working on the project Enhancement for Vectorization of Bitmaps.

1 Like

Hi @Ayushkgp glad to see you interested in vectorization project. Please have a look at my previous comment.

1 Like

Hi, @manofcode! Nice to see you here!
Some note about Text Layer rewrite project. You need to check FreeType, Pango and Harfbuzz libraries.

1 Like

Hi there,
I was going through the projects available on the list of ideas for GSOC and I was particularly interested in the implementation of a CMake build system.

2 Likes

Hi, @ayesdie! You can start from this issue:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Hi @manofcode! For Scripting project please contact @rodolforg.

2 Likes

Hi @all,

Hope you are doing great.

I am Sagar, have good hands-on experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Shell Scripting, Python, Nodejs, CICD, DevOps and cloud.

I am interested to mentor to GSOC Aspirants and proposing this project idea to build during gsoc20.

Cloud rendering platform

- Description

Sometimes time is running out and you need to do your rendering as fast as possible.

Synfig have console tool which can be run inside a container, and it allows you to choose which part of animation you want to render.

We want to create a service which can distribute rendering job across a number of containers and merge final output to video file.

This service must allow to:

• Upload your rendering data to the cloud;

• Run distributed rendering;

• Re-run failed jobs (if container will stay unavailable);

• Get completed images and pipe it thru FFMPEG to get the final avi/mp4 file;

• Download images and/or final avi/mp4 file;

• Have an API connector;

- Expected Results

Simple web-page for upload/download data and run/stop/view process status.

- Difficulty Medium

- Skills required Python, Docker, Kubernetes (JS/HTML optional)

- Mentor(s) Sagar Utekar (https://github.com/Sagar2366), Artem Konoplin (https://github.com/ice0)

Please ask your queries and let me know if you are interested to work on this project.

Thanks.

Thanks for a starting point. I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ice0 I made changes to some CMakeList.txt files as per the issue:

Can you please check it out?

Hi @all there I am a GSOC aspirant and currently doing Btech. in CS from NIT Hamirpur. I have solved 3 good first issues and interested in project Replacement of deprecated Gtk classes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

What are those issues? :slight_smile:

1. Fix year in About dialog #1205
  2. Rename “Warp Layer” to “Perspective Layer” #1191
  3. [Vectorization] Enhance BezierToOutline function #1184
    and I am currently working on issue no #1183 [Vectorization] Use less global variables
1 Like

I have one question
Can one student apply for two projects ??

If you mean proposal, then yes.
This is quote from GSoC FAQ:

Can I submit more than one proposal?

Yes, each student may submit up to three proposals. However, only one per student may be accepted. No more than one proposal per student will be accepted, no matter how many proposals you submit.

1 Like