A plugin to convert all outlines to advanced outlines

I have created a plugin which will convert all the outlines to advanced outlines.
Advantages over using the “Make Advanced Outline” (within Synfig studio):

1. Preserves the color
  2. Preserves the width
  3. Useful if you want every outline to be advanced outline

If you face any issues then please tell me, we will discuss and solve that.

Make advanced outline.zip (1.4 KB)

Unzip the file and paste it in the plugins folder for your operating system. Restart the Synfig Desktop.

The option is visible in Plug-Ins “Make Advanced Outline”, click on it and then all the outlines will be converted into advanced outlines.

This is especially useful if you import svg or export the sif from Inkscape and you want advanced outlines rather than outlines.

Use with caution, always make sure to have the original file saved before using the plugin

7 Likes

Is it possible to create a plugin to switch between groups in a switch layer in order in every consecutive frame?

You don’t need a plugin for that purpose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was amazing! :star_struck: Thanks a lot.

Plugin Update: Make advanced outline.zip (1.7 KB)

• Added support for converting selective layers to advanced outline
Usage

To convert layers to Advanced Outline from Outline, just rename the layer or the group to the following format:

toAdvOutline_name

Examples:

toAdvOutline_head
toAdvOutline_other

If you rename a layer in the above format it will only convert that layer to Advanced Outline
You can also convert all the direct child outlines within a group:

toAdvOutline_group
...outline1
...outline2
...anothergroup
......outline3

So only the direct child outlines i.e. layers outline1 and outline2 are only converted.
You can also convert all the child outlines (at deep levels) with the following syntax

toAdvOutline*_name

Note the star/asterik ()*
Example:

toAdvOutline*_group
...outline1
...outline2
...anothergroup
......outline3

With the above syntax all the children at any level will be converted to advanced outline, so in above example outline1, outline2, outline3 are all converted.

If any other ways for implementing controlled conversion is possible let me know.

Let me know if you face any issues or have any suggestions

4 Likes

I love the idea of selective conversion.

I just would like to suggest to use a simpler way of naming as this is a process that should be done anytime you want to run the plugin, I mean, I would like to make the initial renaming faster. So instead of “toAdvOutline” I would suggest to use just a character, something like “@”, “!” or similar.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Wow that’s a great suggestion :exploding_head:, let’s just keep both toAdvOutline and @. Will give a update soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As suggested by @pablogil :wink:, added a short expression to convert outlines to advanced outlines.

Plugin: Make advanced outline.zip (1.7 KB)

• Use short syntax, along with toAdvOutline_name, you can also use @name
3 Likes