A little works for Synfig icons

Hello everyone, I used inkscape to redraw some ICONS for synfig,The goal is to do it as monochrome as possible, compatible with default and dark modes.

for now, these icons has been done, They are based on the icons in the share/synfig/icons/classic/128x128, and some icons find on the software interface.

a few questions:

1.Some icons in the ICONS directory i can’t find theme on the interface. Are these icons no longer be used?

2.Some of the icons that appear in the interface but not in the ICONS directory. After redrawing, I don’t know how to name it to display on the interface correctly.

3.When the software starts, there is a message indicating some icons is missing, but I have no idea what function it represents or what name to save in ICONS to display it correctly (the “transformation”, i know it is in the parameters panel because the terminal keeps telling me it can’t be found when I mouseover in the parameters panel).

warning: no icon for value type: “nil”
warning: no icon for value type: “matrix”
warning: no icon for value type: “bone_weight_pair”
warning: no icon for value type: “width_point”
warning: no icon for value type: “dash_item”
warning: no icon for value type: “bone_object”
warning: no icon for value type: “bone_valuenode”
warning: no icon for value type: “transformation”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_real”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_bline_point”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_matrix”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_segment”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_transformation”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_vector”
warning: no icon for value type: “weighted_width_point”
warning: no icon for value type: “pair_bone_object_bone_object”

4.Another difficulty for me : in the parameters panel, it’s hard to represent as ICONS or understand between real\integer\vector.is there a simple description to distinguishes them?

Thx.

3 Likes

question 1 attachment:

question 2 attachment:

some test:

Answers:

• Question 1:

• the blue ones are used for cuspid type; shown in context menu of Width Points of Advanced Countour layers;
    • the next ones, but last one, are used in the new Resize Canvas dialog ;
    • the last one I don’t know.
  • Question 2

Some names can be seen here:
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html
https://developer-old.gnome.org/icon-naming-spec/

• Question 3
    All of these listed value type names can’t currently have an icon. As coded right now, if such icon doesn’t exist, the app crashes. The solutions are:

• to provide respective icons to current theme (and then change the code to search for them; thus, other themes can replace them); or
    • change the code to check the icon existence or anything that prevents the crash in a GtkTreeView
  • Question 4
    I didn’t understand. Do you want to know the difference between integer numbers, real numbers and vectors?

2 Likes

thanks for reply.

Q1:
wow, i found them.
Q2:
emm…i can change the ZOOM icon now

1. ‘share/icons/Adwaita/symbolic/actions/’ with svg format by 16x16px
  2. ‘share/icons/Adwaita/32x32/actions/’ and ‘share/icons/Adwaita/16x16/actions/’ with transparent png format

still looking for ‘Cut\Copy\Paste\Delete\Add\RaiseLayer\LowerLayer’ etc.

Q4:

i’m the new of synfig,i know they are Numbers. but,

in some other software

the ‘number’ field had a default value (usually 0) in the input box, I can improve the number precision by myself after the decimal point without define the type.

in the synfig parameters panel

• some input fields with lots of zeros by default Whether I need or not;
  • Some are ‘integer’ type but a drop-down selection box before it, i don’t know what’s that mean;
  • i converted a field to ‘cos’ , and convert ‘Angle’ field to ‘Real’ type, i can modify the ‘Link’ value looks like ‘Real’ type, but the ‘Angle’ value is round to two decimal places, which value will be used?;

maybe i will understand after more learning, never mind. :grinning:

a little update and the SVG (inkscape-1.3.0-alpha) file in attachment, feel free to download if any one are Interested.

synfig_grey_icons

1 Like

synfig_grey_icons.svg.zip (51.5 KB)

1 Like

So we extract the icons and put them in?

Hm… You don’t need ti change the Adwaita itself, just place the icon with same name in the synfig folder.

In the links I listed, you can see them: edit-cut, edit-copy, … list-add, …

The dropdown are mapped to integers, as an index number. We do not store the label shown in the dropbox option.

thx for reply :grinning:

that’s a simple way, i’ll try this.

that’s works~,thx :grinning:

ok… I thought I can convert ‘Blend Method’ to ‘Random’ type, but seems not working

i used the macos version, copy icons to ‘SynfigStudio.app/Contents/Resources/share/synfig/icons/classic/128x128/’ will works.

128x128.zip (820.4 KB)
Download this icons package

or

Download the Svg file

1 Like

little update, added ‘cut\copy\paste’ etc. :grinning: download this version if you want to try.

128x128.zip (851.4 KB)

synfig_grey_icons_v2.svg.zip (52.3 KB)

1 Like

You guys are amazing. Outer space amazing!

1 Like

:grinning:Amazing animation tool different other software, i like to spend more time to learning.

1 Like