51 Great Animation Exercises to Master

Disclaimer: This stunt is performed by a trained professional. Please do not try this at home.

4 Likes

Use linear to represent the bounce moment.

I also keep the all a bit at same height (floor) to make the bounce flatness/squash.

4 Likes

I’ve had to pause the challenge since I’ve been flooded with work. Will resume soon, but why is everyone else not posting? Get to work :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ve had to pause the challenge since I’ve been flooded with work.

I think this probably is the reason for all as well xD.

Same reason.

But I didn’t want to do further than ball animation. Me every time I look at my baby-level skilled work with the pros up there… I just cringe at myself :rofl: :sob:

“Embarrassment is the cost of entry, if you aren’t willing to look like a foolish beginner you won’t be a graceful master.”

6 Likes

8 - Flour sack waving

08 - flour sack waving

6 Likes

Nice, you’re doing it. Woo! :smiley:

1 Like

Does anybody feel the need of a better graph editor?

5 Likes

And we’re back. Exercise 11 (Flour Sack kicking a ball)

exercise_11

4 Likes

Exercise 12 ( Change in Character emotion (happy to sad, sad to angry, etc.) )

ttttttt

4 Likes

Exercise 13 (Character jumping over a gap)

Exercise_13

6 Likes

Exercise 14 ( Standing up (from a chair) )

Exercise_14

8 Likes

I’m new to Synfig. Just started learning, and thought that I could take part in these 51 exercises.

So, here is the first one, the bouncing balls (although I don’t understand why the renders are glitchy).

1_bouncing ball_b ezgifcom

6 Likes

Nice! I think I know why the render is glitchy; you rendered it as a GIF, Try using “magick++” next time. It will still be a GIF when exported, but the quality will be better:

4 Likes

Exercise 15 (Walk Cycle)

Exercise_15

5 Likes

Thanks @Khemardi , that was really helpful. Magick++ made a significant difference. Here is the improved render, and slightly improved animation.

BTW, you are THE one from whom I learned how to use Synfig, through your YT tutorials. Awesome work. Thank you.
1_bouncing ball_d

6 Likes

bounce2

bounce_across_Screen

bounce_across_Screen

1 Like

I’m glad you find my tutorials helpful :slight_smile: Good work on the exercise. You could take it a step further by adding shadows :upside_down_face: Looking forward to the next exercise

2 Likes

For the first one, it appears to be floating. :hushed:

1 Like