2023 - WIP Animation Tests with Synfig [project files included]

So 2023 is here and it time to rework a few things in my world. I’ll be posting various bits of animation done with Synfig, some posts will have project files attached. Final works will be rendered and post processed with other opensource software, and i’ll post the results here.

First off is an intro logo blast.

KEgg_intro

10 Likes

Color blend within a line test.

line_col_blend

line_colblend_tst.sifz

A single line that blends between three colors.

7 Likes

Impressive!
Thank you for sharing the project files :+1:

Also don’t forget to add a thread in Tutorial section pointing at this one, as not everyone would think to check here :slight_smile:

I will never repeat enough how much I enjoy to see some users to make their brain overheat to produce something that was not expected from this software!

2 Likes

Pacman rig inspired by Khemardi’s recent tutorial.

pac_tst_v2

Pacman_Rig_FIN.sifz (Synfig 1.5.1 Dev)
Pacman_Rig_FIN_Anim_tst.sifz (Synfig 1.5.1 Dev)

7 Likes

Sunday Afternoon fun… A little friend for the guy above.

ghost_tst

Not quite finished as yet, but i thought I put it up anyway.
Ghost_rig_006.sifz (Synfig 1.5.1 Dev)

4 Likes

Finished Rig for the PacGhost.

ghost_tst_v2

Ghost_rig_FIN.sifz (Synfig 1.5.1 Dev)
Ghost_rig_FIN_anim_tst.sifz (Synfig 1.5.1 Dev)

3 Likes

Just a little detail, we the sine is reaching the side (or departs of it) it should be flatten horizontaly as the ghost is almost a cylinder.
Not a big deal, but this could be an improvement :stuck_out_tongue:

:thinking:I think this is what we should expect from this software. Synfig is really great choice for creating Motion Graphics.

@KEgg , first of all I would like to say, really cool work as always. It makes me happy to see more high quality work being created in Synfig. You are more focused on quality than quantity, appreciate the work :heart:.
About the file you shared, I checked it seems like you are using an older version of Controller Plugin, this wouldn’t cause any problems, but it is always good to be on the latest version.

1 Like

Hey veer… thanks for the kind words. Really glad u like the work.

About the file you shared, I checked it seems like you are using an older version of Controller Plugin, this wouldn’t cause any problems, but it is always good to be on the latest version.

I was going to get in contact with you about the latest plugin… Basically It would not work, so reverted back to a previous version I had used in some other tests here. As I’m not sure how to easily debug this, all I can say is that the plugin runs, but gives no results, no controller etc. I tried it on a few Debian based Linux machines here all running different versions of Synfig… 1.4.2, 1.4.4, and 1.5.1 dev build.Python 3.8.10 - 3.11.1. All ran the version from Febuary '22 but no joy with latest.