2023 - WIP Animation Tests with Synfig [project files included]

looks good. Nice job, i’m not a star trek connoisseur but i get the reference

If you want, you can privately send us the file so we can inspect and try to fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers sir, but there’s no need to. It was just a quick experiment while building up the scene, and Is the only thing that got messed up, and, as is, has moved on an evolved considerably since the other night.

along with the start of character studies.

Once I’ve finished a couple more bits, I’ll share the base scene for the bridge, character sheets and more on a separate thread to help show my process, and, in ways, share some of my production experiences through it.

Thanks for the offer of help… hope what I’m doing here will also help u guys at some point :wink:

3 Likes

McCoy, Kirk and Spock? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

indeed! …

just playing with silhouettes there… evolving the characters using simple shapes and build upon them while keeping in mind what software you’re using to animated through… so so all creative, concpets, explorations, sketches and studies are through synfig.

A lot more character studies to come…

Quick test using @veermetri05 controller plugin

Kirk_chair002

Intend to heavily use the plugin for this for various scene elements as well as character control.

5 Likes

yow dis shot. :clap:t5: mi luv e

Quick Morning thought blast for in warp travel test. Monochromatic anim experiment.
Some old school element work and particle system for stardust. Trying to get more of a random feel to the streaks… Any thoughts appreciated.

warp_tst_003b

warp_tst_003

At_Warp_Stardust_001.sifz (35.1 KB)

6 Likes

Hand Switch Rig Experiment… Using skeletal deform for nuance.
test_001_mode_swt_A_Base.sifz (64.2 KB)
test_001_mode_swt_A_anim.sifz (65.0 KB)

test001_mswitch_A

4 Likes

Effects Test

transporter

5 Likes

Wow, it’s amazing, KEgg!

1 Like

Another test variant… gold

BeamMeUp_Gold.sifz (26.2 KB)

trans_Shad_anim