Whiteboard Animation Using 'Writing Hand'

Hi all! Brand new to the board, having just registered. First, my apologies for not knowing if this topic might already be covered elsewhere?

Now, straight to the point:

As a die-hard convert to Linux (Ubuntu) from Windows (no dual-boot here!) need to accomplish the specific task of creating a whiteboard animation from scratch using Synfig. This will be text-only with voice-over (which I am aware that I will need a separate audio editing program to accomplish).

I’ve already written each ‘frame’ or ‘screenshot’ of text as i would like for it to sequentualy appear - just need to know how to produce the ‘writing hand’ to write out the text live on the screen as demonstarated in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=qLBMUwMfrtU

Settled on Synfig from reading reviews of various similar programs compatible with Linux. Appears to be a rich program of professional-grade quality.

Just need to cut my learning curve down to ‘zero’ if possible?

Presuming that Synfig can accomplish what I am seeking, would be eternally grateful to whoever might get me jump-started in as much of a ‘step-by-step’ manner as possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

First of all, welcome to the forum

A little search inside the forum give me that :

also from the wiki : wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Doc:Write_On

Nota : if not already done, i suggest you to take the time to do the step by step manual from wiki.synfig.org/

have a nice and animated time with synfig.