Where I can find voices?

For my little animation project I’ll need voice actress. Tried to play with voice synthesizer, but those voices are… too synthetic for my taste.

The problem is I don’t know where I can find some girl that would do that, preferably for free (I am nolife nerd, lol). Do you know someone who would want to do that/want to do it yourself? Or maybe you can point me to place where I can find someone who’ll do voice acting?

In first two cases, please send me PM with voice samples though.

Take your time, I’ll wait.

Have you tried other places? There are sites for extras where often people post about short films, etc. I only know a swedish one, filmcafe, but the are most likely plenty if you do some web search.
Even posting a request on a social forum like diaspora, g+ or facebook might give you a catch.
Just asking here on Synfig forum will probably not give you any help. People here work behind the camera, not in front of it. :slight_smile:

There are lot of people who are interested in voice lending…you should try on facebook…there are many sites on google which will refer you with these people.

I myself have been toying with the idea of just using my own voice, a one-octave baritone voice, saving dialogue to wav files and tweaking the pitch upwards in Audacity in varying amounts to get different female voices. Anyone tried that, including female users tweaking downward to get male voices? (Is that what you meant by a voice synthesizer, darkhog, or is that just something that pieces prerecorded speech sounds together à la Vocaloid?)

Try Radiodaddy.com We used this website when I was in my Bachelors of Audio Production. It’s a website where you can submit your script to professional voice over actors/actresses. Or you can post on thesoutherncastingcall.com that you are looking for actors to do voiceovers for your piece. If you are paying let them know, if not, let them know it is for their exposure and they will receive their names in the credits (they love that as well and will promote your work for using them)

I hope this works for you, and I can’t wait to see the finished product.

@ Lucky Joestar… Yeah I have toyed around with pitch shifting voices. I once created a 45minute 3d animation pieces with over 15 characters, and I was every single voice. I had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately the hard drive with that piece on it is currently damaged so I have to get a new case, but once I repair it I will upload it and send a link.

Voice Acting Alliance. I found some great people there. XD