What do you like most about Synfig?

I’ve beem using Synfig for just a couple of weeks, but I like it a lot. I think it’s good to let the developers know their work is totally appreciated (in addition to donations of course).

To me the best feature so far is ability to split the project into sub-canvases, and easily implement independent animation of blinking eyes and talking mouth.

what do you guys like most?

1 Like

For me it’s definitely Converters. It adds a huge potential to the program. You can automate certain animations, create cool effects, make semi-3D objects and even implement lacking functionality (e.g. Particle template). I actually regret not paying attention in math class back when I was in school.

Oh, and also, sif format. It’s a plain XML and you can easily script it outside Synfig using Perl, Python or whatever language you prefer.

4 Likes

For me . the render speed is fast as well as blender.this is my favorite feature in synfig.
but here are some important feature for me but lack in synfig.
1:paste svg form copy in inkscape.it will improve the ability of edit svg.
2:curve deform.now the warp layer has this feature but not enough.
3:more noise type for generate color / deform shape.
4:color for item/vertices.now we can change width of vertice.if we can also change the color of vertices.that will be awesome.
5:a trigger to switch the status of tangent handle.for now.is is difficult to change both two tangent handle length to 0.
6:edit same parameter of multiple object at same time.for example.select 3 different item/point.chage their position in x axis to same value at same time.