Walk example won't open

In the installer, you have the option to install with the example.

When I tried to open it, my computer won’t open it. I have Wondows 7 btw. It said “synfigstudio.exe won’t open”. Help please.

Which version of Synfig Studio are you using?
Can you open other examples?
-G

I’m using Synfig Studio 0.64.1 . The walk animation is the only anim that is with the installer. But if you meant examples from the website, I can actually. I can open Werewolf only if I close Synfig first before open it.

I’ve made my own anim in Synfig before. I noticed that I can open my anim in .sif instead of .sifx. Is it suppose to be like that, you can only open it in .sif instead of .sifx?

do you mean “sifz”

Oh, yeah. I meant .sifz

Okay, so yeah. I know this is not a problem for me. Sorry for posting this. I’m just afraid that I’ll having some problem in the future.
Maybe the walk animation is an old file. And that’s why I can’t open it.

@Genete I read your signature. I WOULD LOVE to contribute but… I’m not sure how. And I’m not sure if I do have the time to do stuff.

Weird. It should bring more sifz files in the examples folder.

When you try to open examples/walk/walk.sifz which is exactly the message you obtain? (it should open in any Synfig Studio version, regardless how recent is Synfig Studio)

You’re already helping us by telling us what’s exactly happening when you open the walk.sifz example.

We are working to fix some similar problem and possibly that one would be fixed in the next version:

See this:
plus.google.com/109713821082335 … bUyDDRz7BR
and this:
plus.google.com/109713821082335 … At6fNHUG3S
-G

Maybe I should say .sifz files that are animated.
The other .sifz files are not animated.

no, there are some other animation examples, star.sifz for example.

Downloaded the Development Snapshot. I still can’t open the walk animation.

@jcome Oh, I didn’t notice that.

Any possibility to see the message on the terminal (the black window) when the problem appears?
-G

No. It still pops up a window saying “synfigstudio.exe has stopped working”.

Hello:
I believe I have the same problem.

The “walk.sifz” file that comes in the examples directory with synfig doesn’t open either. I have to close Synfig, because opening the file hangs the program.

I’m in win7, 64 bits, so I’m using synfig 0.64.1 for 64 bits.

More details:
I can open the file that comes in the zip here:
wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Doc:Walk_Cycle

I note here something that may be relevant:

• The sifz file in the wiki has the size of 457 kb
  • The sifz file in the examples directory has the size of 13kb

Hope it helps

Aha, that makes a difference. When the program hangs, can you read any message in the terminal window? Alternatively, can you verify that you’re not using Cairo renderer on Workarea or Navigator when opening the file? (File->Preferences->Render tab) Cairo renderer can’t render jpeg at the moment.

The walk file from the wiki is a sif (uncompressed) not a sifz (compressed) so that’s the reason for the size difference.
-G

Ugh! I have a crash here when opening the walk example (Windows XP 32 bits)
Issuing a bug tracker.
-G

Hello,

Yes, an appcrash here too, when the file is open directly making a double click
The message that win7 collect is:

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH Nombre de la aplicación: synfigstudio.exe Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0 Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 53706569 Nombre del módulo con errores: libsynfig-0.dll Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0 Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 537064ad Código de excepción: c0000005 Desplazamiento de excepción: 0000000000051c09 Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Id. de configuración regional: 10250 Información adicional 1: 47e9 Información adicional 2: 47e95b80244d194ffbfd0156eba8dd97 Información adicional 3: c871 Información adicional 4: c87115d2181216d2856204dc7b4e5695