Video quality of the animation

I ANIMATED AND THEN I RENDERED BY SETTING THE QUALITY=9 AND ANTI ALIASING 31 BUT EVEN THEN THE VIDEO IS OF LOW QUALITY LIKE 360p VIDEO :frowning_face: PLEASE HELP

Edit BobSynfig: Please check your keyboard, it seems the Caps Lock has been “accidentaly” activated…

Here’s some information found in maual

Settings

• Quality - Set the quality of the rendering. Quality changes the behavior of some layers, not all of them. For example, the Motion Blur layer renders more subsamples based on quality values in intervals. Quality 3 and 1 are mostly the same in all cases, so if 3 is enough, then leave it as 3.
    • Default quality is 3.
    • 1 is the highest quality but with the longest rendering time.
    • 9 is the lowest quality but renders faster.
    • 0 is even lower than 9 and seems to disable alpha channels as well.
  • Anti-Aliasing - Set the amount of anti-aliasing. Accepts values between 1 and 31, although values above 3 are very subtle improvements and hard to notice it’s also hugely increases the rendering time.
    • 31 is the highest anti-aliasing amount but with the longest rendering time.
    • 1 is the lowest anti-aliasing amount but renders faster.

So setting the quality to 9 is giving the lowest quality.

Moreover, you need to change the image width and height as required by you increase the resolution of your render.

Increase the width and height to whatever resolution you want. I usually don’t change the quality or anti-aliasing option.

1 Like

Quality parameter will be removed in the future and it is currently used for few layers now (like Blur).
Those remaining layers need to be ported to the current renderer engine (named Cobra).