Update and Render Issues

I just checked and remembered that 09-13 had the same issues that 09-19 had so I deleted it.

The version that renders slowly is 08-31 compared to 08-16

Just used the latest developmental version. It loads Synfig well but the render is even slower; about 10 minutes per frame

Couldn’t you provide us the source file?
We could investigate what would be getting slower in Windows version due to latest changes…
You could PM us if cannot be publicly available.

twirly.sifz (9.4 KB)

1 Like

OK. AFAICS the slowness is due to blur layer (that is slow indeed).
I’ll try to take a look what changed from Aug’ 16 to Aug’ 31 that could make it worse.

1 Like

Ok
Thanks
I was thinking about using feather instead. Will that be OK?

@Rhvy1 We have made a new build, can you please check if it starts for you? -

Thanks.
I tried the .zip file on my windows 10 and I just got a blank screen. I waited for about 20 minutes and restarted but still got the same problem

I tried it on a windows 7 and it worked fine just that the blank screen still showed up but resolved itself in less than 2 minutes

Hi!
Does your Windows username or path to Synfig contain non-latin characters or spaces?

It doesn’t.

This is the path name
C:\ProgramFiles\Synfig

I just tried the .exe and it worked though the blank screen was still showed up for 5 minutes or so

This build has too many zeros in the value field.

Do you use hard drive? Is it too old?
Just asking because if your hard drive is dying, it could make loading programs really painfully slow.

I dunno. I’ll check though

Just tried the .zip version on Win10, with console parameter.
First start was a lot slow and blank windows as described before, nothing at all displayed in console (but a missing icon notification)
Next starts are fast.
Maybe the first font cache scan?

1 Like

I know that first starts of a new Synfig version can take time, but not this long.

Nothing seems out of place with the drive

This build loads faster and has a better performance :smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Hi

I just tried to use a dev build released 3 November to render an animation using .avi as target in 720p res . When I clicked on render Synfig crashed. I uninstalled the build and installed a previous version but still got the same result

Phaser.sifz (5.5 KB)

Here is the file

I was able to render on official 1.5.1 on Linux - but very slowly.
Maybe is the issue something about RAM?

Synfig has a minimum requirement of Windows 7 and 2GB RAM
I use Windows 10 and 4GB RAM. I also used other programs after and didn’t experience any of that. Whenever I run Synfig, I make sure that no other program is running concurrently.

I just discovered that I am able to render in 480p but very very very slowly