translate the docs

For me, it is OK. It is very clear.
Good work. :smiley:
I’ll let you know when I translate into French another tutorial to correct.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, guys: Romrom94 is going to help us: he joins our wiki ASAP.
Bienvenue, Romrom94. :smiley:

Hi all,

ITALIAn Version of docs has started :slight_smile: :exclamation:

Today tha Main Page/it is born :exclamation: but someone who is an expert user :slight_smile:
can tell me why the Title is Main Page and not Synfig Wiki :question: :frowning:
The preview is ok :exclamation: :question:

There is a wiki tool that allows me to see the broken links when many pages are edited :question:

Thanx :exclamation:

To all wiki translators. Please read carefully the Translators documentation here first. Look the code of already translated pages and try to follow the same scheme.
-G

Hi. I’d suggest using “poignée” for “duck” in french… shorter than “point de contrôle” and it seems to fit the idea of handler you can grab and move around in a restricted meaningful area.

B.

hello berteh,
I did not use “poignée”, because for me it represented specifically the control points of tangents. But I can change if you prefer, it’s true that it is shorter and clear :slight_smile:

Bonjour mad0,
“poignée” est utilisé dans d’autres logiciels, par exemple

solidworks help.solidworks.com/2010/french/ … andles.htm
“Les poignées vous permettent de cliquer sur les objets et de régler certains paramètres sans quitter la zone graphique.”

ou encore
blender blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/m … nt/?id=135
gimp docs.gimp.org/fr/gimp-introducti … s-new.html
divers svg.free.fr/rapport/partie1.htm

mais il est vrai que ce mot est la traduction de “handle” et pas “duck”.

Je pense que l’extrémité des tangeantes est moins souvent manipulée que le duck, et proposerais donc de les appeller respectivement
“duck” → poignée
“tangeant control point” → extrémité

Si tu n’aime pas “poignée” j’ai aussi pensé à “punaise” (fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punaise_%28outil%29)… c’est petit, rond, coloré, et ça se déplace où on veut sur un plan 2D.

au plaisir,
Berteh.

Bonjour Berteh,
bon, tu m’as convaincue, je change pour “poignée” :smiley:

… but also if you have a look in to the explanation of where “duck” comes from the translation is quite good, as it came from handles that were named ducks because of their shape…
see here: synfig.org/wiki/Duck (especially have a look at the picture link at the end).

(BTW: me reading French: okay, writing in French: nogo :wink: sorry…)

PS.: Do you plan to change the naming in .po files and documentation accordingly…?

Pour info un autre candidat valable était le mot “noeud” qui désigne probablement mieux les ducks des BLines

Quelques utilisations de “noeud” pour désigner les ducks des splines (ou “cerces” en français… mais pour celui-là je pense qu’il vaut mieux garder BLine :slight_smile:
taboweb.free.fr/3_object_editor.html
paperblog.fr/911359/inkscape … ro-spline/
dialog.ac-reims.fr/stitechnoreim … article134

Mais dans la mesure ou, en anglais, la communauté Synfig utilise “duck” à la fois pour les noeuds des BLines et pour tous les autres types de poignées (rayon du cercle, angle de la rotation…) je pense que le mot unique “poignée” est le bon.

Si on était des puristes (anglophiles) on pourrait distinguer les “ducks” (pour les BLines) des “handles” (pour les autres points de contrôle)… mais pour rester “user-friendly” je préfère garder duck (et donc “poignée”) pour tous les petits points de couleur interactifs du canevas :slight_smile:

@ohoservices: the .po from git already used “poignées”, thanks to Aurore. I submitted a quick patch for improvements anyway. If you can push it through you’re welcome! sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d … tid=757418

bertheh… sorry currently only involved in doc creation/update processes, but I’ll contact Genete to take care of this and answer to you directly.

I’ll take care of it.
-G

Thanks, Genete.

Hi, mad0, berteh et Romrom94. http://synfig.org/wiki/Walk_Cycle/fr is ready to correct. :smiley: