Tiny Tom Animation Over 10 mins made with Synfig!

I am a amateur animator and i came across synfig! i am currently working on a animation called tiny tom it will be over 10 mins made with synfig it will be uploaded to youtube 15/08/2010! i am also doing a trailer so i will put that up sometime in june! i hope i help get synfig better known as a animation software!

Hi TinyTom59, welcome to Synfig world!

What’s your workflow? Can you advance us some more about the cartoon?
Good luck!
-G

My workflow is pretty fast to be honest! the only problem ive found with synfig is rendering… i can only render in ".gif " shame that. The Cartoon will be quite random as i am storyboarding and putting in like extra things and by the way im only 15 years of age… so its quite alot of work for me. My friend is doing the music for the animation. i have the trailer up on youtube right now… It is pretty bad but the animation will be 100 times better… and im not sure it will be done by August.

Heres the link to the Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=XXDMeVfW0ck

You can render to png sequence and later compose all the png sequence into a video using avidemux. It is pretty easy because you just have to open the first png image and avidemux will open the rest. Just be sure to adjust the frames per second when export the animation to a movie from avidemux, because it used 25 fps by default and you might have other frame.

Good luck!!!
-G

Thats where your wrong avidemux is not compatable with my operating system so therefore does not work… so i do have to save as ".gif " sadly… but still ive done around 3 scenes of the tiny tom animation today… i cant invest all day on it but most of my day is invested on it! :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: What’s your operating system??? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It has windows, linux and mac versions: fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html
Alternatively, can you try to use any other video editor? There are lots of them for any operating system.
-G

I have windows vista. when i searched up avidemux onto google it said it didnt work with vista on there website but the link you gave me works so thanks. Now i can Properly render FINALLY! :laughing: