Terminology rewrite sprint

What about a frozen clock?
-G

yes and we should rename it to frozen layer then, as this decribes much better what it does actuallyā€¦ :slight_smile:

just kiddingā€¦ I guess we have enough renaming alreadyā€¦

if looking for stroboscope icon this is how they look like:
encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ā€¦ 1Wb3NUO3xQ
-or-
just a bulb (maybe with some lightrays signaling the flashing:
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ā€¦ HinACE9oqK
-or-
something like a red ball in different postions each semitransparent besides each other like the person in this pic:
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ā€¦ Nm9bo8q1Eg

not meant to copy these, but as base for the development of an icon. Hope I didnā€™t misunderstand.

Cheers
OHo

how about a photo camera flash?
openclipart.org/detail/169267/ca ā€¦ xapelgorri
clarkvmereunion.com/images/tech_ ā€¦ camera.gif
tx.liberal.ntu.edu.tw/MediaFiles ā€¦ -flash.gif
clipartguide.com/_named_clip ā€¦ _image.jpg
cdn-4.nikon-cdn.com/en_INC/IMG/A ā€¦ -front.png

hope this helps.
B.

About the strob icon
Like the idea of decomposition of the mouvement :
[size=50]

[/size]
people.rit.edu/andpph/text-mecha ā€¦ -inst.html

see(:ya!

Handle Hnadle wiki.synfig.org/wiki/index.php?t ā€¦ ldid=17260

ā€œHandle Hnadleā€ thanx john, (hā€™v seen this one before and already corrected it.)
Has you have a wiki-login, go ahead if you find others like this.

see(;ya!

I have make mistake with an image ā€¦ sorry.

I have updated the group icon to change the encapsulate icon, but i canā€™t used itā€¦ (i have also tried the revert function ā€¦)

You can have a look to wiki.synfig.org/wiki/File:Group_icon.png to see the disorder i have done.

see ya!

Hi d.j.a.y!
I think that just uploading a new version of the file you can restore it to have the right one.

BTW, your work is epic! You deserve a mention somewhere regarding the dedication you have put on this wiki rework!. Thanks!!!

-G

I think that the mistake i have done is related with the wiki"s cache problem.

Thankā€™s ā€¦ this is not my fault, this is because freesoftware spriritā€¦ i receive a lot, i can give some.

I think i have found a non updated canvas icon ā€¦ non ? (( Synfig 0.63.05 Dev - Revision: 20130217 ))

Re up ++

ā€” 1 >>>>
Jcome ? : I think i have found a non updated canvas icon ā€¦ non ? (( Synfig 0.63.05 Dev - Revision: 20130217 ))

ā€” 2 >>>>
Iā€™m changing one the example image (white&blue character) (see new here in last revision) , i hope i donā€™t hurt some the artist who did itā€¦

ā€” 3 >>>>
Sometime (like here) i attach a zip file as sif ā€¦ after reflexion , iā€™m not sure itā€™s a
ā€œgood usageā€ another idea ?

I respect the artwork from anyone but I do prefer one file that is currently stored in the examples area (the eye, the prologue kid, pirates, or Macwolfen for example)

What contains the zip file? The sifz files are compressed so it doesnā€™t make sense compress it twice. Also the images can be jpg just in case they are too big.
Save something that is not a ā€˜sifā€™ file with a sif extension would make it difficult to figure out whatā€™s inside. I neither think it is a good idea.

-G

I guess you mean http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/File:Interface.sif?
Yes, that could lead to some problems. Itā€™s better to change it into ā€œFile:Interface.zipā€.

In this case the usage of zip is justified. Djay specified a wrong link in his message, the file he talking about is here: wiki.synfig.org/wiki/File:Interface.sif
Itā€™ s the source of wiki.synfig.org/wiki/File:Interface_0.63.06.png

I think that upload the screen shot image file without the texts doesnā€™t make sense, since only the text layers are re-usable and they are already stored in the sif file.
-G

I didnā€™t understood your phrase.
Djay uploaded the archive with screenshot + sifz file with overlay captions. What doesnā€™t make sense here?

ā€”2>>>

Itā€™s what i try to do ā€¦ in the GettingStarted case, i didā€™t found the sif (white and blue ā€œstick manā€)

ā€”3>>>

------3.1>>> The wikiā€™s file upload function catch (for basic security things) all extension but images (.jpg, .gif, .png) and synfig projet (.sif , .sifz) .

------3.2>>> I didā€™t use Archive file type for size reason, but for package reason, as sif(z) do not attach external resources (images in this case) or i mess something ???

------3.3>>> If think you miss the case where text can be translated (text layer) , and image stay the same -no caption in image- (image layer + image attached)ā€¦

Nota : if sif or sifz canā€™t actually attach externals, i will fill an ā€œcanvas properties : check box attach externalsā€ feature report

The sources are in the walk folder from the examples:
github.com/synfig/synfig/tree/m ā€¦ mples/walk
-G

Ah yes, good point. But in that case the screen shot will be translated too, right? Oh, well, Synfig application translation doesnā€™t have the same languages than wiki languages ā€¦ So it makes sense just in those cases. :mrgreen:

No, youā€™re not missing anything. Both files must be downloaded to the same folder to be able to open the sif file. But why donā€™t just upload them separately, place both links on the wiki and advertise to the reader that is mandatory to download both? I think it would simplify things.
-G

jottoprimo working on add that feature. I have not idea of howā€™s the development advanced.
github.com/jottoprimo/synfig/commits/packager

-G

so bad !!! ā€¦ did i fill a feature request like ā€œmake synfig localisation support fully compatible with mediawiki language structure, transiflex translation tools, and all other l10n thingsā€ ? :slight_smile:

Keep It Simple Stupid ! ā€¦
yep , 4(x)sure ! But was a twisted way to talk about the KISS principle :open_mouth:

ok, i will spam jottoprimo to motive him !

i wish you a(nother) good day & fun for you.

see:))ya!