Terminology rewrite sprint

Very good idea! I’ve added this note to the top post…

Thank you, I’ve added this to the rules! :slight_smile:

Genete did an epic work yesterday :slight_smile:

Glad to see that started !

I have Sprinted the Anatomy of a Synfig Animation - Anatomy of a Synfig Animation - after sprint I found the Pasted , Inline -> Group a little confusing :
-before- "an “inline canvas” that takes the default definitions (dimensions, frames per second, etc.) inherited from the canvas containing the Paste Canvas layer "
-after- "a Group Layer that takes the default definitions (dimensions, frames per second, etc.) inherited from the canvas containing the Group layer "

What do you think ?

I think that “Anatomy of Snfig animation” page is totally confusing itself. ^___^

…at least it confuses me, we should keep an eye on this… after the sprint.

But for the moment I think that the terminology rewrite as done by you, d.j.a.y, is as good as it could be.

Cheers, OHo.

no epic work, but a few more pages from me today… let’s call it a day… bye.

The problem is that sometimes, the original wiki page does confuse the terms.
-G

Hi Team, What a great job you’ve been doing, please take a break :mrgreen:

Ducks are working hard on the handle to open a new animation door for Synfig Studio :laughing:

屏幕快照 2013-02-06 4.04.09 PM.png

Ha-ha-ha! Cool photos, Jcome! ^___^

Thanks Jcome for the break time!
-G

Jcome : haha… all this encapsulated ducks trying to curve inline childrens…does they know about the ‘hunting’ we are doing on her ?

Zelga : Cool, I have found a turkish page!!! , it was Hakkinda, i renamed it to About/tr ; now the wiki could have turkish language support, do you want i fill a request in genie ?

see(:ya!

No need for request - Turkish language is added now. :slight_smile:

The packages are updated again with more fixes - http://download.tuxfamily.org/synfig/packages/binaries/.
Please re-install.

very quick to invite 75,627,384 synfig’s new users :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m new here and I’d like to help out. I’m a native english speaker (Canadian) and I’ve taken some university level english courses, but have no programming skills, so I figure documentation would be a good place to start contributing back. Where should I request an account for the wiki? There’s a link, but it has all this stuff about a biography etc and I don’t know if I need/want to fill all that in.

Or should I write some things out and post them in the forums first? How would I go about helping out?

You have to fill the form for the user account request. It will be set manually. This is for spam prevention.
wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount

The forum is a good place to start helping out. Please read my signature :wink:
-G

Hi, Sam43232! We don’t need your full biography for sure. A few words will be enough. :slight_smile:

Sent a request as John Smith.Also could synfig have a cool looking wiki like this fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

John Smith, please make sure to follow the instructions at the top of this thread: viewtopic.php?p=17426&f=1#p17426

Your last edits dont comply our workflow.

What went wrong?How do I change the glossary terms especially DUCK.