SynfigStudio Do not Run... SynfigStudio No corre!

Greetings, Saludos…

When i try to start SynfigStudio, appear a menssaje in the screen, the file is upload in this post. If i try to run it in console, this info appear: [code][pc-002@localhost ~]$ synfigstudio

Synfig Studio: comenzando aplicación…

(synfigstudio:17567): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(synfigstudio:17567): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(bug-buddy:17568): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error en la línea 1, carácter 75: El elemento «markup» fue cerrado, pero el elemento que está abierto actualmente es «b»

(bug-buddy:17568): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error en la línea 1, carácter 75: El elemento «markup» fue cerrado, pero el elemento que está abierto actualmente es «b»[/code]

What i can do? I really need use SynfigStudio.

Cuando trato de iniciar SynfigStudio, un mensaje aparece en la pantalla, el archivo esta subido como adjunto en este post. Si trato de correrlo en consola este es el mensaje que aparece: [code][pc-002@localhost ~]$ synfigstudio

Synfig Studio: comenzando aplicación…

(bug-buddy:17568): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error en la línea 1, carácter 75: El elemento «markup» fue cerrado, pero el elemento que está abierto actualmente es «b»

(bug-buddy:17568): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: Error en la línea 1, carácter 75: El elemento «markup» fue cerrado, pero el elemento que está abierto actualmente es «b»[/code] ¿Que puedo hacer? Realmente necesito usar SynfigStudio…

In the splat of SynfigStudio, appear the menssaje “Iniciando Meta Datos (Strarting Meta Datos)” when the bug start.
En el arranque de SynfigStudio, aparece el mensaje “iniciando Meta Datos”, cuando surge el bug.
synfigstudio-bugreport.txt.tar.gz (1.3 KB)

You’ll need to post a backtrace with more information. Please rebuild synfigstudio with debugging information and install the debugging information for GTKmm too. Then run synfigstudio with gdb and type ‘bt full’ into gdb when you get the crash. Then paste the results of bt full into the synfig.org/Contact

I’ve seen this recently when ulrik tried to build synfig with gtk v.2.14.3 & gtkmm 2.14.1. He needed to use an old gtk & gtkmm versions like 2.12.9 or earlier. See: dooglus.rincevent.net/synfig/log … -10-11.log between 19:16 and 20:14

pabs3: some day we should decide to upgrade the classes and methods used for synfigstudio GUI. I believe that this kind of errors would be more frequent as time passes.

-G

That was just a warning that ulrik saw and was also in the post above. The post above also had a partial backtrace in it, which gave the function and approximate line, but not enough info about what the actual problem was.

GTK+ 2.0 keeps backward compatibility and will do for quite a while yet, but yeah relying on depreciated stuff isn’t a good idea (we’ve seen that issue in the libavcodec target). There has been talk of GTK+ 3.0, but I think that is a fair way off yet. Please do work on switching to non-depreciated stuff though.

The way of the future with GTK+ is to use the GtkBuilder stuff, where you create your user interface with a GUI app, save it to an XML file and load that at runtime instead of running a bunch of code to create the dialogs/etc. Now that glade 3.5 (the GUI app that can save to GtkBuilder XML) is out and in Debian experimental, I intend to try to slowly transition synfig to this. This feature requires GTK+ 2.12 IIRC.

urpmi dont have that downgrade, and i dont really like manualy downgrade… Well else, see you soon SynfigStudio…

urpmi no tiene tales librería para el downgrade, y yo realmente no quiero hacer el downgrade manualmente… Bien, entonces… Sera hasta pronto q use SynfigStudio…

Please give us a backtrace so we can fix this, or at least find out what the problem is. Don’t downgrade.

Hi insanedream:
I have your same problem!. You could solve? 25/10/08.
Using ArchLinux and repositories AUR. :unamused:

The bug is fixed in the latest release - 0.61.09.

Those of you using Arch Linux - the package there is orphaned, you might want to adopt it.

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/277926

The above might be helpful if you use Ubuntu…

Can someone update the ubuntu packages then? They are still on 0.61.08.

Ubuntu just get their packages from Debian, Debian is in freeze so there isn’t much point updating the Debian packages, which is why I haven’t done it yet.