Synfig Tutorial Series

I was wondering since you taught children about synfig morevnaproject.org/2012/11/18/re … -the-demo/
Can you do a synfig tutorial series now that morenva project demo is released?

+1

Synfig really needs better documentation. It has a lot of powerful features that are difficult to learn

I am planning to do a workshop training about very quick technology of character animation at LGM. See here for details.

Last month we have developed a special template which allows to produce simple character animation very quickly. I will post more on that soon.

Have you seen this “paper doll” I made? All your students need to do is design the “skin”. A “cleaned up” version of the file would be used of course. For doing walking or arms. It doesn’t have an articulated face in that version.

synfig.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4071

No, I wasn’t aware of that. Great work, Michael! :slight_smile:

We did almost the same, but based on the Stickman (morevnaproject.org/2012/02/01/stickman-tutorial/ ), so user can control many bones at once without selecting them one-by-one. Also, the character parts are automatically stretching, there is IK for legs and also the face mimic rig. :slight_smile:

Michael:
Here’s what I was talking about - youtube.com/watch?v=d9d9a0zX5tg

Hi,
I created the captions for
Synfig character template - Tutorial, part 1

http://amara.org/en/videos/eN2E9qz9Xtgq/url/558877/

Some of the words might be slightly off, but for the most part, it is done. Loved doing it and learned a lot!

Hello Nin! Thank you for contribution! I have added your subtitles to original video. :slight_smile: