Synfig Studio 1.40 can't be installed on Windows (user rights)

Okay so, I basically searched everywhere so I have no choice but to ask here.
My synfig won’t open, I always get an error message that I don’t have anough permissions. I also can’t delete the program, no matter what because even then it says I don’t have enough permission for that.

I looked everywhere on the internet but couldn’t find anything on it.
I have an acer pc, 64 bit, and I think it’s running on windows 10.

This is what showed up when I tried to open it
(since it’s in German, i’ll translate it: The specified device, the path or the file cannot be accessed. You may not have sufficient authorizations to access the element.) I used Google Translate so it isn’t the best, I still hope it’s understandable.

I genuienly hope someone here knows what to do.
Thanks

I think it might be blocked by some antivirus software, which is usually preinstalled on branded PC.
Also check the Windows system log, it may contain useful information.

To access the Event Viewer in Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Server 2012 R2:

Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel > System & Security and double-click Administrative tools
Double-click Event Viewer
Select the type of logs that you wish to review: System

You need to install it as Administrator (Shift+Right-click, Run as Administrator)
Like any program if you want it to be accessible for all the users on the computer (install in “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)”.
You will be prompted for UAC elevation.

In case your user account doesn’t have access to Admin elevation, you can still install a portable version :wink:

Du musst es als Administrator installieren (Shift+Rechtsklick, Als Administrator ausführen)
Wie jedes Programm, wenn Du möchtest, dass alle Benutzer auf dem Computer darauf zugreifen können (installieren Sie es unter “Program Files” oder “Program Files (x86)”.
Du wirst zur Eingabe der Benutzerkontensteuerung aufgefordert.

Falls dein Benutzerkonto keinen Zugriff auf Admin Elevation hat, kannst Du trotzdem eine tragbare Version installieren :wink:

1 Like