Synfig Studio 0.62.01RC4 binaries and sources available

Here the links:
download.tuxfamily.org/synfig/re … /binaries/
download.tuxfamily.org/synfig/re … 4/sources/
And here the News summary:

Synfig Studio:
0.62.01 (git tag: “synfigstudio-0.62.01”) - May 15, 2010 - Bug fixes, features.

• Enable reverse manipulation to range value nodes. Fix bug in value node range.
  • Add new functionalities to the Normal tool. It can rotate (CTRL), scale, (ALT)
    as well as translate. Using SHIFT constraints the three operations.
  • Update Mirror tool to allow use SHIFT to alternate between horizontal and vertical
    mirrors.
  • Enable single threaded renderer for windows version. It increases stability.
  • Fix file chooser label to fit into button size.
  • Stop button now works properly.
  • By default disable extended input devices. Fix a previous introduced bug.
  • Suit custom mouse cursors for some tools.
  • Add code to make possible pass parameters to the renderers. Implementation for ffmpeg.
  • Repack rulers and caret menu to get less space.
  • New italian translation.
  • New parameters for Motion Blur layer. Now allows linear and constant interpolation too.
  • New icons for actions and layers. Thanks to several authors.
  • Fixed feature that reset windows docks to default size and position.
  • Separate the reset setup values to original values feature in a new menu entry.
  • Updated Russian, French and Spanish translation.
  • Automatic build script for linux system. Please report success of usage.
  • Update Help menu entries according to new website.
  • And of course new splash screen(s) :wink:

Synfig
0.62.01 (git tag: “synfig-0.62.01”) - May 15, 2010 - Bug fixes, features.

• Enable reverse manipulation to range value nodes. Fix bug in value node range.
  • Resolve issues with libtool 1.5.26 and 2.2.4.
  • Improve SVG import support. Better support for gradients and some bug fixes.
  • Add code to make possible pass parameters to the renderers. Implementation for ffmpeg.
  • New italian translation.
  • Automatic build script for linux system. Please report success of usage.
  • New parameters for Motion Blur layer. Now allows linear and constant interpolation too.
  • Updated Russian, French and Spanish translation
  • New Italian translation

From RC3 it has been fixed the problems with the mirror tool, a crasher bug introduced with the latest features, the near to final two new splashes and the custom video codec for target parameters dialog.

Translation patches still being welcome. Reporting of bugs is welcome too.
Thanks for your support, again.
-G

Thanks Genete and others for this new RC.

Tested on brand new ubuntu 10.04 with FR locales it turns out the caret and contextual menu have not a single icon… as illustrated in the attached screenshot.

No clue (yet) whether the problem is due to my locales being FR or not. Do you want any additional info?

by the way, this dark theme is default ubuntu theme… quite a difference with the classical blueish GTK theme.
B.

Ubuntu Studio 10.4 with Gnome2 and XFCE4, working perfect and lovely splash screen!!! also checked the icon issue of berteh, can’t confirm as i don’t have that theme but i can see every icon where they should be placed

sourceforge.net/projects/synfig … e/download
for Windows users

Enjoy!

Chris

Berteh: Icons problem is an Ubuntu problem. By default, Ubuntu 10.04 doesn’t show icons in the menus of the applications. It can be changed with gnome properties. Don’t remember now how I did it :blush: .
-G

I explained in RC2 topic how to enable menu icons in Lucid :
“I confirm the missing icons in menus on Lucid, it’s a system setting matter, use gconf-editor to activate them
(see this thread : forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=392759 )”

I’ll test this RC4 as soon as possible.

Thanks Animtim! :smiley:
-G

Installed amd64 .deb on Lucid, works fine for now.