Synfig Crashes when using Color Picker

But it works fine with a single monitor? Just for checking the cause of the issue

Thank you for responding so quickly. Disconnecting the 2nd monitor fixes the issue and it no longer crashes with the color picker.
Hopefully someone can find a way to make it work when both monitors are being used.

I have a dual monitor and turned one off, which fixed the color picker crashes. However, it continues to crash (except for the color picker) so I used your method and got the following errors (before it crashed).
See screenshot…

I navigated to the to the folder on freedesktop.org but do not know what to do with these files. I am running Synfig 1.5.1 64bit on Windows 10 (updated).

1 Like

Sadly it doesn’t say what happened. It isn’t the issue that crashes Synfig.

Thanks for taking a look.

I have the same issue in Debian 12. Dual monitor. Dual CPU/GPU Nvidia + Cuda Nvidia drivers. Synfig 1.5.
But in my case, I don’t think it’s related to Synfig. I have crashes in other apps requiring high graphical ressources since last kernel update too, So I think it’s a Nvidia drivers issue not up-to-date to kernel in my case.
But I can relate that the crash happens with color picker too.

I don’t know if this is a real fix yet for Synfig crashing, but I switched from using Chrome to using Firefox when watching YouTube. I know Chrome can be a memory pig at times.

I have been trying to learn Synfig with my dual monitor (Synfig on one, Youtube Tutorials on the other) but it kept crashing. So I rebooted (once again) but this time opened YouTube in Firefox, leaving both monitors running.

So far, after one day Synfig has not crashed once!
It used to crash a few times an hour.

Someone else may want to try this and let us know.

@gdhorning: Maybe one is usinge hardware acceleration while the other doesn’t
@cr77: Do your both screens use the smae resolution and are they aligned on the same line (up/down) ?

In answer to your questions…

• Yes to hardware acceleration on both monitors
  • Yes, they have the same resolution (they are also identical monitors)
  • Yes they are aligned (otherwise it would drive me crazy)

Also…

• They are both set to 100% scale and layout setting
  • Both are set to 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • Running on Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super (updated)
  • Windows 10 (updated)

No, they are both 16:9 ratio, but not same resolution and aligned only at bottom (see Prime display scr_).

I use Synfig in 3840*2160 monitor, it’s a secondary screen but used as primary in Gnome config.

And I’m aware my config is quite specific, it’s Prime config for Optimus management by Nvidia drivers.