Synfig Crashes during previsualisation

Hi Synfig Community,

My name is André VAZ, I’m 31 from France. I’m a freelance illustrator and I discovered Synfig 1 month ago. I was looking for a equivalent to Flash in open source.

I’m totally found of Synfig since, it’s powerfull, logical,we can create our own cartoons ! It’s SO COOL ! Many thanks to all the current developpers of synfig !!!
That’s it for the presentation ! :mrgreen:

Since yesterday, Synfig bug when I want to previsualize an animation. Every time it crashes on frame 56 (2sec 8frames). I tried to export as PNG images, and the same, it crashes on frame 56.
Last change I’ve made was adding a scale layer and change a radial blur.

I’m on Ubuntu - Version 12.04 (precise) 64 bits - CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 Processor × 4
I use Synfig Studio 0.63.05

I attach the file. Does it crash also for you ?
I hope someone will be able to help me.
cyclops.sifz (20.2 KB)

It crashes here too and I’ve found that the crasher layer is the time loop layer inside the cyclop.

I noticed that the Duration and the Link time were going both to zero and I intuitively thought that a duration smaller than the link time could cause a problem. I don’t know if it is the reason or not but If you change the interpolation of those two parameters from Clamped to Linear in the Time Loop layer, it doesn’t crash. Attached is the file fixed.

It is definitively a bug and I would be very pleased if you open a bug tracker attaching the sifz file of the crash for a further solution.

Currently I don’t have time to dedicate to debugging so I hope someone else can handle it.

BTW, nice character!
-G
cyclops-fixed.sifz (20.4 KB)

Wow ! So quick !
Many thanks Genete ! It works !

Just to understand well, it crashes because I had a period in the time loop where the duration of the loop was inferior to 1 frame. It makes non sense, so synfig crashes ! It seems pretty logical !

I will try to make a bug report, first time for me ! :wink:

Thank you Genete ! I’m now able to test again synfig (and improve the fluidity of Cyclops by the way lol )

Bug report sent ! :wink:

Synfig code should prevent that situation and give a result that were not a crash :slight_smile:
-G

Yeah sure. That’s the purpose of the bug report. :wink:

:mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfj-ZLIonQY&feature=plcp

Quite cool!
I like the laser effect and the counter action on the head when it is activated.
Looking forward to see more!
-G