Synfig build error of "synfig-studio"

Hello,

I’m hitting an error when trying to build Synfig, here there’s the console output:

Using the ./2-build-production.sh script as I’ve always done.
For some reason I’m not able to build anymore, even older commits (tested with commit from 8 August)
ETL and core build fine, not studio.

Not sure about the meaning of the message warning: Unable to find module "mod_libavcodec" (file not found), but libavcodec is installed on my machine.

It just mean that the module libavcodec was not built, not the library the module is based on is missing.
(in the building scripts, it’s disabled by default)
It is not needed anyway, and it isn’t the reason of the error.

Is it for Windows?

Nope, building on Linux (openSUSE)

:confused:

The real issues are expressed here (but I don’t know they are happening):

synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: TransformationAffineSW, b: LayerSW
synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: TransformationAffineSW, b: BlurSW
synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: TransformationAffineSW, b: BlurSW
synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: TransformationAffineSW, b: LayerSW
synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: BlurSW, b: Surface
synfig(30367) [05:01:28 PM] warning: Different pixel-per-unit value while calculation of target offset. a: BlurSW, b: Surface

here:

synfig(30669) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list
synfig(30669) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list
echo " File \"images\\interpolation_type_tcb_icon.png\"" >>./images.nsh
echo " Delete \"\$INSTDIR\\share\\pixmaps\\interpolation_type_tcb_icon.png\"" >>./unimages.nsh
synfig --quiet /home/firashanife/synfig/synfig-studio/images/interpolation_type_icons.sif -o valuenode_forbidanimation_icon.png --time 7f
echo " File \"images\\action_doc_undo_icon.png\"" >>./images.nsh
echo " Delete \"\$INSTDIR\\share\\pixmaps\\action_doc_undo_icon.png\"" >>./unimages.nsh
synfig --quiet /home/firashanife/synfig/synfig-studio/images/layer_blur_blur_icon.sif -o layer_blur_blur_icon.png --time 0f
synfig(30680) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list
synfig(30680) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list
synfig(30706) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list
synfig(30706) [05:01:30 PM] warning: ValueNode_WPList::operator()():No entries in list

And here, for examples,:

/home/firashanife/synfig/_production/build/bin/synfig: warning: Unable to find module "mod_libavcodec" (file not found)
synfig(30879) [05:01:30 PM] warning: /home/firashanife/synfig/synfig-studio/images/layer_example_simplecircle_icon.sif:<real>:420: Layer 'warp' rejected value for parameter 'horizon'                    
free(): invalid pointer

To avoid confusion here is the console output using a single thread:
https://pastebin.com/rt3yNKce

The error appears to be:

Making all in images
make[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/firashanife/synfig/_production/synfig-studio/images’
synfig --quiet /home/firashanife/synfig/synfig-studio/images/layer_example_simplecircle_icon.sif -o layer_example_simplecircle_icon.png --time 0f
/home/firashanife/synfig/_production/build/bin/synfig: warning: Unable to find module “mod_libavcodec” (file not found)
synfig(25357) [01:37:11 PM] warning: /home/firashanife/synfig/synfig-studio/images/layer_example_simplecircle_icon.sif::420: Layer ‘warp’ rejected value for parameter ‘horizon’
synfig: malloc.c:2382: sysmalloc: Assertion `(old_top == initial_top (av) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >= MINSIZE && prev_inuse (old_top) && ((unsigned long) old_end & (pagesize - 1)) == 0)’ failed.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1313: layer_example_simplecircle_icon.png] Aborted (core dumped)
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/firashanife/synfig/_production/synfig-studio/images’
make[1]: *** [Makefile:692: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/firashanife/synfig/_production/synfig-studio’
make: *** [Makefile:528: all] Error 2

Did you change your machine? It seems to be a RAM or libc issue.

The machine is always the same, at this point it’s likely that after some update some library changed…

This issue happened with openSUSE 15.2 (after some updates?), then moved to 15.3 but still hitting the same error. I’ll check if Synfig builds on my laptop with openSUSE 15.3.

1 Like

It builds on my laptop… I’ll check installed packages and eventually report the cause of the issue.

After many attempts, deleted all the source code folder and downloaded it again from git.

It worked, but no idea which was the error :confused: