Synfig Beginner Tutorial Series: Updated 11/3/2013

Updated: 11/3/2013- Added Synfig Tutorial 2: Animation Basics

Here is the first in a series of beginner Synfig video tutorials, based on the Getting Started section of the website. A lot of people find Synfig confusing to learn, but I think that’s mainly because there isn’t enough comprehensive video training about the basics. This is my first video tutorial in years, but hopefully it’s easy enough to follow even tho I’m a bit rusty.

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 1: Getting Started”:

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 2: Animation Basics”:

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 3: Animation Basics”:

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 4: Animation Basics”:

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 5: Animation Basics”:

I’ll post follow up videos in the days and weeks ahead, and each video will feature a different creative commons music track that people can use in their projects.

Wow! That’s fantastic!
Thank you for create this tutorial Darth!
But 23 hours! I think I do prefer to spend those hours in code Synfig instead.
Maybe split it into several parts or give hints to the viewers to know in which minute is everything explained?
-G

Than’ks dartfurby, cool to see 0.64 tutorials … i especially like at 16m30s re-sizepart :wink:

??? 23 minutes dude …

Other subject did you know that video ? “My first day with Synfig

Oh dear, those bad hours at the early morning! :blush: :blush:
-G

Click the image below to watch “Synfig Tutorial 1: Getting Started”:

I’ll post follow up videos in the days and weeks ahead, and each video will feature a different creative commons music track that people can use in their projects.
[/quote]
thank u very much for this tutorial but i don see… plz can u uplaning to 4hared upladın sites… it is free…good… bettter than other…

thanks for ur interest…

Sometimes I talk a lot, but I’m not THAT bad! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it was “that time of the month” for Synfig.

That video inspired me to change my life.

I’ll upload the video to a file sharing site soon.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

New tutorial video added today(updated in first post). Synfig Tutorial 2: Animation Basics.

DarthFurby, re-cool … what’s next ? :wink:
Then when you have a set of tutorials… maybe you could update synfig’s wiki video tutorials page…

I suggest you to take a look to (if not done) mospina work on video tutorials , better to try to not duplicate work but “forces” :wink:

Hi!
Nice work on the tutorial(s)! Are you planning to do more advanced ones later on?
Greetz!

Hi d.j.a.y, thanks for linking those videos! I will check them out. I’m still learning Synfig so it definitely helps. Eventually I hope to get my own videos on the wiki.

Hi darkspace65, my short term goal is to do a video of all the tutorials in the wiki. I’m kind of learning as I go. Luckily there are a lot of similarities between Synfig and Anime Studio Pro(another program I use), so I’ll be importing techniques from that program to Synfig. After that I’ll do more advanced stuff, create demos of my personal animations, and maybe take requests.

Due to layoffs at my job, I’ve been working a lot of overtime which has killed my free time, but I’ll try to pump these videos out as quickly as possible(luckily these videos are easy and fun to make.)

By the way can you also upload these videos to the open video archive creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Also if you ever want to make a tutorial of how to animate a character from start to finish this might help ghostwriternext.deviantart.com/a … -392105445 picture licensed under Creative commons Attribution 3.0 license

Hi John, thanks for the links! I’m usually so focused on my own stuff that I forget that there’s a ton of creative commons material out there(besides music) that I might be able to use. That reminds me, I’m releasing my videos under a creative commons license, I need to mention that in my videos going forward. Once I have a big enough library I’ll try to post it to as many places as possible.

Hi DarthFurby, Today I saw your videos, it’s awesome :exclamation: And expecting your upcoming tutorials.
Thanks for spending your time on making these & sharing. Now I have a thought to continue practice synfig(Actually I was/am working on something*, that’s why I paused).

*[size=50]You could see that in my previous threads.[/size]

Hi thatraja, thanks for watching. Hope they are helpful. :slight_smile:

Also, I’ve just updated my first post with a few more videos. All the tutorials in the manual section are done. Only one more beginner tutorial left before moving on to the intermediate videos.