The problem wasn’t on the lst file. The problem was the path to look for the lst file. Somehow the code doesn’t get properly the path of the image files to retrieve from the lst file. If the sifz and the lst file were not saved properly the path becomes into a relative way (…/…/foo/bar) although it is in fact the same folder than the sifz. Then when it tries to open the image files, something internally is screwed and the images are not found although they are in the right place.
It is not easy to find a recipe to reproduce the problem, so please if you find this issue again, please save the sifz file as sir to see the path stored and try to find a clue to the mystery.
I am having this problem with list imports appearing blank and I tried the above.
I am importing a list file for lip syncing. I have imported the Papagayo example list file and it works. I have imported a file I made with Yolo lip sync program (mouth files are re-named versions of Papagayo’s) and it works. However, the list file I made with Papagayo does not work when imported and appears blank.
I have tried to fix the problem by:
renaming the list file
changing the directory path to the list file
checked for spaces and extra characters inside the file
creating a fresh text list file and manually copying over the frame instructions
I have made sure:
that the list file is in with the mouth files
that the list file has the correct FPS and file format commands
that the file type has been renamed properly from .dat to .lst
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it?
I know I could use Yolo for lip syncing, but I think Papagayo would give better results.
Please see attached file.
[My setup: OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks); Synfig Studio 0.64.1 via XQuartz 2.7.5; Papagayo 1.2 via Wineskin Winery 1.7] synctest.zip (290 KB)
This is your problem. You’re using Windows program which generates text files with CR-LF line terminators:
I manually removed the extra CR characters in Vim for you: papa.zip (267 Bytes)
You could use Vim or some other text editor to make the conversion yourself. It’s possible that a text editor will fix the format just by opening and saving the file with different name (like it happened to RickBrock).
Notepad++ has a feature specifically to do the conversion:
Thank you, Yoyobuae. I wondered if there were some extra characters at play that I couldn’t see.
Failure: I tried Notepad++via Wineskin (because there isn’t a version for Mac) and the EOL Conversion didn’t work - or rather it might have worked but I think Wineskin again inserted a carriage return when I saved the file.
Success: I tried opening the file with Vim and then just saving it, and it worked.
Failure: I tried opening the file with TextEdit again and then saving, bit it didn’t work.
Success: Since the file simply required re-saving with a OS X native application other than TextEdit, I decided to try with AppleScript Editor and it worked.
This is what I did:
change Papagayo’s exported file’s name extension in Get Info from .dat to .txt ( > Use .txt )
open the file with AppleScript Editor (ignore dictionary warning)
File > Save > Save As (read only warning) > rename file & choose File Format: Text > Save (ignore syntax warning)
change the new file’s name extension in Get Info from .applescript to .lst ( > Use .lst )
I hope Papagayo make a version that works for Mavericks, otherwise it is a long process. Thankfully tweaks can be made in TextEdit after the file has been created.