[Solved] How can i reuse a portion of an animated layer ?

Salamu Alaikum,
I really appreciated the Synfig 2D animation software, and i really thank you for all your efforts!
I’m creating a 2D animation for my kids in which i translate “png layers” containing each a number from 0 to 10.
I translate each png layer from one the right of the screen to the left of the screen in a 4 seconds duration time.
So, i’m doing it manually for each png layer. I’m asking if there is a pssibility to duplicate this animation “Done only once for the 0 png layer” on all the other layers ? For example the 0 png layer is animated the 4 first seconds, the 1 png layer is animated the 4 second seconds (from 4s to 8s), the 2 png layer is animated the 4 second seconds (from 8s to 12s), and so on without the need to ainmate each png layer manually and individually ?

Thank you once again for all!

Hello rouhol9ods and welcome here.

A little usage a the forum search function can help you there.
search.php?keywords=reuse+

As this is your first post you are half excused… :wink:

Synfig is complex, his learning curve is “big” … but, synfig has a great step by step manual (a must read for new users) and a lot of simple to advanced tutorials and some videos tutos here or there.

Reusing tips : have a look at the Loop layer.

Salamu Alaikum,

Thank you very much for your kindness and all your effort. Synfig is not easy that is true. I’ve started learning it since last year and I quit because it was not easy at all. And I came back 2 weeks ago, because a software called Tupe was crashed every now and then.

Here are some videos I started to make using synfig:
The first one: just sliding animals to the canvas one after another: youtube.com/watch?v=bSZlw_js_qI
The second one: just sliding Arabic numbers to the canvas from right to left: youtube.com/watch?v=mySYWquiY_0
The third one: a variation of the second video, sliding Arabic numbers pronounced in French: youtube.com/watch?v=sgEoBnyvRzI
My last one, a fourth video, in which I leveraged everything I have learned, by using the time loop layer on the bird and butterflies: youtube.com/watch?v=ikV_5CL2UZc

And now i need to only replace Arabic numbers by Arabic alphabet’s characters. For me to do that i am obliged to restart a new synfig project from the beginning instead of leveraging the resources, keyframes of my already finished Arabic numbers project.

If my question is not too complex or not already asked in the forum (Otherwise please provide the link) how can I define a translation movement once, that can be used every time I add a png layer (containing Alphabet character or an Arabic number)

Thank you once again and wish you all the best

My animations were created on a Debian Jessie 8.0 OS, using Synfig 1.02, Audacity and OpenShot.

Hope it can help newbies

Hey,

It’s quite easy to achieve such effect, but requires some advanced Synfig skills to set up things the right way. It’s time to go to the work for me, so I am not going to explain things right now, so please take the time to examine the attached example.

You’ve to check those in order to understand what’s going on:
wiki.synfig.org/Switch_Group_Layer
wiki.synfig.org/Convert#Time_Loop
wiki.synfig.org/Export

If you want to add something new to the switch group layer, you just copy-paste it into.
If you don’t understand something, please ask, I’ll answer it later.
TranslateOnce.sifz (1.67 KB)

Can’t think straight in the morning…
Here’s optimized example.

Check the switch group ‘transformation’ parameter.
TranslateOnce1.sifz (1.35 KB)

Salamu Alaikum,
Peace be upon you,

Thank you very much for your valuable help! I’ve worked based on the example given above “TranslateOnce1.sifz”.

And here is the result:
youtube.com/watch?v=6KTg9KtOjOc
Problem solved!