Should I use Version 1.4.5

I use the development version 1.5, and I am very happy with it. But I heard that there is a new version, 1.4.5.

I don’t know how is it, and is it better than development version, and I am not willing to try it until I get some information about it.

So, I wanted to ask is it worth upgrading my synfig version, or can I stick with development one? And how has been your journey with new version?

1 Like

We recommend users of 1.4.4 version to update to 1.4.5, as it fixes some crash issues that affects such old release and the annoying regression bug of importing images into an unsaved Synfig file. Check the release notes for 1.4.5.

Those who are already using the development release 1.5.1 and are happy with it don’t to change to 1.4.5.

We hope we release 1.5.2 ‘soon’ after 2 years of active development after 1.5.1 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope I see it in this lifetime :slightly_smiling_face:
And we having Synfig Development 1.5.2 version before GTA 6 now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can still use the “artifacts” produced by AppVeyor or compile it yourself from the source.
Don’t forget that you can use several portable versions in parallel.

1 Like

AppVeyor builds are only good for testing new features. They don’t have ffmpeg library and they neither support import of images other than png. :eyes:

1 Like

Well yes, I know this. Just thought it would be a better idea to directly ask if the new version is better.

I don’t know about appveyor a lot, but can’t we just install ffmpeg seperately?

You can copy the missing DLL from the regular Synfig Studio packages

I tried, it didn’t work. :man_shrugging: