Segmentation fault core dump

Hi!

I am using Synfig 1.2.1 in Linux and I am getting segmentation fault core dump now and then each time I am using the application without doing any special action.

I attach my project, that comprises two animations.
I suspect maybe could be related to this file:

Thunar: Failed to open "/tmp/.mount_GiIvLf/usr/GoraExplorer web snapshot.png": Error when getting information for file '/tmp/.mount_GiIvLf/usr/GoraExplorer web snapshot.png': No such file or directory GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications. synfig(17732) [15:56:18] error: synfig::save_canvas(): Unable to open file for write synfig(17732) [15:56:18] info: Attempting to import /home/alfonso/Documentos/goraexplorer/Introduction to GoraExplorer alpha/Animations/GoraExplorer web snapshot.png synfig(17732) [15:56:28] error: synfig::save_canvas(): Unable to open file for write

But I assure /home/alfonso/Documentos/goraexplorer/Introduction to GoraExplorer alpha/Animations/GoraExplorer web snapshot.png exists.

I don’t know where to start looking and how to fix it, but if someone gives me a tip, I could try to fix it (if it is just a change in the file XML :slight_smile: At this moment with a segmentation fault I can’t do much :frowning:

Thank you!
segmentationfaultcoredump.zip (691 KB)

Hi and welcome here,

please check if you have sufficient rights on /tmp directory (github.com/synfig/synfig/issues/435)
But maybe you will need to apply the required permissions described here: thegeekdiary.com/unix-linux … rectories/

Or you can try to use current dev builds :wink:

Hi @BobSynfig. Thanks for the support! I will try with 1.3.6 testing.

The directory /tmp/.mount_GiIvLf is created when launching the app. The permissions should be find since I did not touch them, but I will take a look if it keeps happenning :slight_smile: