Random crash and corrupted files

I recently started to use synfig on Linux Mint Nadia. I did a couple of simple animations (I’m still a newbie) and everything worked properly.
Then I decided to do something more complex than a ball bouncing, and I started to draw a character, using a reference image to do it better. And the problems started.
Synfig started to freeze or crash randomly every couple minutes, and sometimes when I reopened the file i was working on, some points were out of position (especially tangence points on some BLine).
Now every time I open it and try to move a tangenca point (the one messed up in the eye on the left) Synfig freezes and I need to kill it.
Here is the file. I tried to open other files and it works properly, I only have problems with this one.

Thanks in advance for the help!
SB1.sifz (3.94 KB)

Is the Synfig Studio the one provided by Linux Mint repositories?
-G

try to use Alpha Over combined with inverted (for regions) instead of Alpha Brighten. Alpha brighten doesn’t give antialiased results.
-G

I tried with both that and the latest version from the website, but they both have the same problem.
I started over with a new project (I didn’t lost a lot of time), but I’d like to understand why it does this, I don’t want to have the same problem on a bigger project, losing hours of work :frowning:

Thanks for the tip, it looks much better this way :smiley: