Practice artwork

I suck at vector graphics so I started with something easy

10 Likes

Croc
croc

2 Likes

Mixed lighting doesn’t look that good, on head and neck I used Luminance while on frill Onto blend method.

4 Likes

Wow that took hours to make, I’m still trying to figure out how to do lighting. But I learned to not use synfig sketch

2 Likes

Part of a bigger project

scareb

4 Likes

Snek gif

snek

1 Like

So it took some thinking but I figured out how to make blade that actually looks like metal blade

1 Like

Wait, is this Khopesh? I initially thought it’s some kind of druid’s staff… I think you need a bit more details (both lighting because bronze and things like clear edge bevel) because now it looks very similar to dry wood.

Yes it is khopesh. Hmm now that I look at it you’re right. I’m gonna need to look at more references how swords look like.
It has clear edge but perhaps it’s too small compared to outline and sword

My first try at explosion, I’m not entirely satisfied with it

explosion2

3 Likes

Did some thinking and testing and actually got pretty cool fire imo

fire3

2 Likes

Trying out them bones and had some issues with them

out

2 Likes

Oh my god it took me so long to do it, but I can’t say it wasn’t a learning experience how to deal with bones and time loops

loading-scaled

2 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

Just be careful, the move of the tail is not natural, it works as balancing system to maintain the inertia.
It swings up and down to compensate the vertical “pumping” because it runs.
And right/left to compensate the derivation of direction, to maintain the race in a straight line.
It is bipedal, the action of the legs on the pelvis makes it turn and the “wobble” of the tail is propagated through the spine and keeps a straight direction after all. (like for this arrow)

(watch it in slow-mo)

Here the T-Rex only walks, so (almost) only the lateral move occurs.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I honestly wanted to try out if tail movement like this could have worked. Tail is too short to balance the rest of the body anyway but this is character from a game