Please Help! Synfig Installing going NUTS!!!

Hi all, I wanted to try out Synfig, the last time I came and tried it was versions ago and very unstable on Linux, so I saw a new version and thought I’d give it a go, cuz there was no other OSS Program like it.
Well I downloaded it with ETL, Installed ETL, and when I started installing Synfig itself (Not synfig studio the other one) and do a ./configure, I get an error saying that libxml++ needs to be installed. A SPECIFIC version. So what did I do? I went and downloaded it did a ./configure, and it says:

checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.1 glibmm-2.4 >= 2.4.0… Package glibmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glibmm-2.4.pc’ to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package ‘glibmm-2.4’ found
configure: error: Library requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.1 glibmm-2.4 >= 2.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

So I went to get glibmm and then I need libsigc++!!!
I install that and it STILL Won’t work!!
HELP!!!

Hi blenderman345,
first of all, don’t despair. Be patient and you’ll enjoy using the latest version of synfig quicker than you can imagine.

Before trying to assume things, please provide:

-Operating System
-etl, synfig and synfigstudio version and where did you obtained the sources.

Also before install be sure you have installed the needed development versions of the dependences. Please read carefully the build instructions before proceed and don’t avoid any step.

After that if it still complaining, please paste here the steps you did and the console ouput. Use pastebin if it is a large one.
-G

Ok… Calming down… calming down.
I’ll go find those -dev libs and install those. {Breeeathe Out}