Pixel mapping from imported image to Synfig canvas

Hi all,

I wonder if you can advise on the mapping of the size of an imported (png) image and the canvas size?

If I have a canvas of 64 x 64

I then import an image that is 256 x 64

I would like to scale that image down so that it fits proportionally in the canvas, so 64 x 16 (so it fits the width of the canvas and 1/4 of the height).

On initial import, the default scale for the image is (9.86075, 9.86075) and it looks to be correctly proportioned (i.e. visually it looks like it’s proportions are 4:1). The image immediately on import takes between 1/2 and 2/3 of the canvas width. I can scale it visually using the handles and get something that is pretty much correct, but it would be nice if I could explicitly set the width and height in pixels that I want the image to be scaled to.

I suspect this is quite easy but I’m missing something and none of my searches have yielded an answer.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!

convert -crop 64 image.png frames.png

And matter the frames by separately

convert is part of imagemagick

Thanks Bazza, I see how that would work, I was just wondering if there was any way to do it without actually creating new copies of the files.

I have the original .svg that the image was created from so I could just export as PNG in a lower resolution to start with; I was just trying to figure out if I could do what I wanted with one set of PNGs (the aim is to create the same animation in different resolutions targeting different devices).