Pivotal tracker

Hi!
The [sarcasm]vast and devoted Synfig’s developer team[/sarcasm] is starting to use Pivotal Tracker to keep track of the pending tasks to do on the Synfig Code. This new tracking doesn’t replace any of the other trackers we have to collect community feedback (sourceforge’s bug tracker, feature tracker, patches tracker, forums or wiki wish list). It is just a tool for the developers to keep track of what’s being planned, started, accepted and done.

This web application allows to split features into small tasks and measures its dificulties on point estimations to forecast when it might be implemented based on the past cycles of the development team.

During the searching of a tool to keep track of the tasks and in certain way, have a roadmap, we have realized that any small task can be tagged to a particular aspect of Synfig (and Studio) and then any task can affect to more than one aspect of the applicaiton in relation to the user.

For instance, If a task is to implement a Render Wizard, it would be tagged as “Exporting” and “Usability” because that task improves both areas at the same time.

Here is where we need your help:

We would like that you give us a list of tags which could be used to classify the tasks to do. That list shoud be the more generic possile and should be not so long.

Here is mine:

Usability
Interface
Export
Import
Documentation
Output Quality
Performance
Automatization

Thanks!!!
-G

My contribution:

Usability

• Object controls in canvas view
  • Outline view ( option )

Interface

• A “Paste canvas” window for library of objects and a thumbnail preview instead of text list

Export

• countdown time to finish render ( maybe a % )

Import

• AUDIO !!!

Performance

• A “real time” preview without render and a “real time” rotation and position. For now we have to rotate and at the end of rotation the object rotates, it’s not cool! We need to grab and rotate things in real time, without a delay.

Automatization

• An option to create an object already encapsulated with all possible controls ( rotate, translate, zoom, stretch )

That’s it for now!!

Thanks Ricardo!
In fact what I’m asking is for an alternative list to this:

Usability
Interface
Export
Import
Documentation
Output Quality
Performance
Automatization

So for example your list of tags are:

Usability
Web/Cloud integration
Tablet operatibility
Character design
Other Software Integration
Project Control

etc.

I’m not asking for features that fits the tags but for the minimum the tags that can be used to classify all the features :wink:

-G