Particle collision in a box

Hello,

Before I try to work and spend time on that, I would like to know if it is possible on synfig to create particles contained in box, with collisions whenever they encounter one side of the box.

From what I have read, it should be doable, even though complicated in a 2D model (@BobSynfig), but I am still not sure it will work.

Thank for your help !

Everything is possible, but you will have to calculate yourself incidence angles, speed, quantity of movement…
Or you can ask the help of @Svarov who is a masochist of calculation :wink:

1 Like

I think you confused me with Genete, it’s an honor though :blush:
But yeah, I am not good with complex math, I can automate some simple things using converters but that’s it.

It sure is doable. Heck, you can make a fricking particle system in Synfig, but it does require good knowledge in math and in Synfig converters.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who could have helped you are no longer here (by here I mean on the forum of course), so you are basically on your own. Here’s a bunch of interesting links though:

So if you have time, check it out. Potential is great, but lack of documentation and actual people who still use these advanced techniques is saddening.

2 Likes

Nah: You’re great! You made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmF7ycjcIT8 and you’re still here in the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer @Svarov ! I have just discovered the airplane file, it’s pretty cool indeed !
I will try to understand now some parts of the particle file, so…see you in 6 months, if everything goes well :grinning: