This is the idealization of a feature request to add sounds to synfig/ sinfigstudio.
- Synfig / Synfigstudio can have several soundtracks.
- Each soundtrack is a layer. So a new layer type is needed. Lets call it Sound layer (hey! I’m fine today! )
- The sound scope is the canvas. Outside the canvas the sound is muted. It means that if you disable a canvas that have a sound layer inside it will not be rendered. Also that if you open a canvas separately and render it you only render that sounds inside, logically.
- Sound layer parameters can be related to sound manipulation: Sound file, offset time, amplitude, tone, etc.
- Sound layers are affected by Time loop layer, and Duplicate layer if they are over it. Time offset of the paste canvas layer affects to the sound layer too.
- The graph panel can be used to display the sound wave.
- The parameter “sound file” cannot be exported. It must be a reference.