My second animation

This is my second animation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7RE5sjujfU
I reuse my first animation to explore the potential of Synfig. I use the time loop layer (thanks, pixelgeek) and the flower animation tutorial (thanks to the author). But I’m not happy whith the result. The wheel chair is smaller than the moto. I would like to scale the inline canvas of the wheel chair, but I can’t. I know how to do it with a movie editor but, how can I do it with Synfig? (sorry Genete, but I think I didn’t understand you: I can scale one canvas but only if it is not a set of layers: please,help me. Thanks.)

Hello,

Ever tried to add a “zoom” layer in the wheel chair layer group? I use it to control both the size and the location of my objects.
You can find it in the layers dialog, right click, add layer, transform, zoom.

B.

Hi Rafael,
Looking to the animation (it would be better to have the sifz file available) it seems that the wheel chair is composed onto the rest of the layers.
This means that you can have two possible situations:

-Wheel chair layer 1
-Wheel chair layer 2
-Wheel chair layer 3
-Wheel chair layer 4

-Motorcycle layers

-Background layers

Even using the Zoom layer or using the zoom parameter of the in line canvas you must encapsulate the well layers inside a paste canvas (or in line canvas). Select them all (left click with CTRL hold) and once selected do right click and select “Encapsulate” . Once encapsulated you just have to select the Paste canvas layer and modify the Zoom parameter. It will make the well chair bigger.

-Encapsulate layer (in line canvas)
–Wheel chair layer 1
–Wheel chair layer 2
–Wheel chair layer 3
–Wheel chair layer 4

-Motorcycle layers

-Background layers

Alternatively you can create a new Zoom layer onto the set of the Wheel chair layers:
-Encapsulate layer (in line canvas)
–Zoom layer
–Wheel chair layer 1
–Wheel chair layer 2
–Wheel chair layer 3
–Wheel chair layer 4

and adjust its values to the desired result.

but necessarily you have to encapsulate the wheel chair layers. If not the zoom layer will affect to the motorcycle too and to the background too.

The encapsulation is the only way to stop the effect of the layers.
There are two kind of layers:

1. The ones that produces a render object (circle, region, etc.). The normal blend mode of those layers are composite, but what if you set one of them to blend method “onto”. It will be rendered onto anything not transparent that is below it. The things “below” is called “context”. The only way to stop to the context of what is behind is encapsulating the layers of the subject in a paste canvas layer.
  2. The ones that alter or modify the context (rotate, translate, zoom, warp, spherize, etc.). Those layers acts as modifiers of the context. So if you only want to modify some layers (zoom them) you necessarily have to stop the context by encapsulating the stuff.

-G