The main goal of Morevna Project is creation of full-lengthened animated movie, utilizing Open Source tools only.
* Promotion of Open Source software and its ideology.
* Improving existing Open Source products by giving appropriated feedback to developers and community.
Main production tools:
* 2D animation: Synfig Studio.
* 3D modeling and animation: Blender.
* Static images: GIMP, Krita.
- Russian fairy-tale “Marya Morevna” on which screenplay is based.
- Story plot
- Screenplay (sorry, in Russian only, not translated to English yet)
- Characters profiles
- Character layouts: Ivan Tsarevich
- Characters drafts: Ivan, Morevna.
We need creative people to help our project:
- Characters designers (drawing in anime style required).
- Keyframe animators (making key extreme drawings of characters/objects moving in scene, drawing in anime style required).
- Inbetweeners (making smooth animation in Synfig Studio based on drawn keyframes).
- Background painters.
- 3D designers (knowledge of blender required).
Q: Is there any organization financing the project?
A: No. We are not recieving any funds. The only money invested into the project is my own.
Q: Do you publishing sources of your project?
A: We are planning to publish source materials under one of Creative Commons Licenses when, where and if it possible.
Q: I’m not good at drawing, animation or 3D modeling. Can I still help the project?
A: Yes you can! You can support us in following ways:
[*] Translation of project documentation from Rusian into English. Even if you don’t know Russian but know English very well you can help the project by correcting our existing translations.
If you are good at C/C++ programming we appreciate if you help with the development of Synfig Studio or contirbute to Synfig project in any other way.
Any constructive critique also welcome.
…And there are many other ways to help. Just contact us.[/*:m][/list:u]
The next milestone in project development is creation of its demo. The demo is 3 min scene from a movie where two main characters meeting each other for the first time.
The demo planned as a music video and could be watched as standalone piece. I want to use Per Gessle’s composition “Hey Mr DJ” which is NOT free music. And I HAVE NO rights to use it for now. My plan is to produce the animation footage first and then try to get permission to use this song.
- Storyboard (English)
- Background music available on the myspace-page of original artist: myspace.com/gessle
- Simple animatic
- 3D-models: Katana, Morevna’s bike, Helicopter