Modern iconset (light and dark)

Not necessarily a bug.
If user is using lipsync file, it can happen too, until user set all mouth shapes.
It works as a reminder or warning that such named layer should exist.

Got it, thanks again.

How about these two options?

• option 1: a normal layer group partially transparent
  • option 2: a “warning group layer”

Any opinions? @KonstantinDmitriev @lobozamora @Khemardi @FirasH @Svarov
Maybe the second option, but with question mark ? ?

1 Like

Why not to add a little Ghost on the folder?
:ghost: (<- Not necessarily this one)

Or even better, one of the Good Ghosts of our friend @nethertales !

2 Likes

Here you have all the proposed options:

I can also design a ghost, but I think it’s too literal and does not represent what the “functionality” really does. :face_with_peeking_eye:

The frowning face ghost :smile:

@rodolforg I like Ghost Layer (option 1) but I think if it was a light grey in the same lowered opacity it would work better. Something like below:

two

or even dotted outline:

one

2 Likes

I don’t see an unified answer… what should I do? :sweat_smile:

I’m happy to say the theme is nearly finished, IMHO it’s 99% done just waiting for you to test it and get feedback.
Summing it up:

• 215 icons redesigned
  • all icons have been themed (if you find any missing, please, let me know)
  • future plans are to add icons to commands that now have no icons (for instance “Canvas/Options…”). BTW, I have listed them in the following image)

Download v09 from here modern_iconset_v09.zip (1,6 MB)

As commented in my first post, although under Synfig v1.5.1 Preferences there is an option to change “icon theme”, it only changes some of them, not the whole set so I suggest to test the modern icons as follows:

1. browse the following path in your computer [path_to_synfig]/share/synfig/icons/
  2. rename /classic/ folder as /classic_original/
  3. uncompress the zip and place it in /icons/ folder
  4. you will find /modern_light/ and /modern_dark/ folder. Rename the one you want to use as /classic/
  5. Launch Synfig and enjoy

As a last thought, now is the moment to test how the “Icon theme” option under Preferences work as it looks like it doesn’t work properly (tested under macOS and Synfig 1.5.1)

I hope you like it!
:smiley:

2 Likes

Hey, pablogol.

What are the icons that don’t change when using the icon theme folder?

I took a screenshot, in red the ones that even restarting Synfig doesn’t change:

The curious thing is that if I rename the folder /classic/ to /classic_bak/ and /modern/ to /classic/ then the icon theme works perfectly…

1 Like

So, may I create a Issue in Github reporting it?

Not needed anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!
I’ll try to test it so that everything goes fine :clap:

1 Like

I finally had the time to try the fix: it works like a charm =D

Thanks

PS - Now that I could test it I have a new thing to suggest, but that’s another story, hehehe