Masking

Hi every body
I got a problem with masking Region layers.I have read the masking tutorial in wiki but i like to keep mask shape visible.
for a better explanation i attached an image , in this image i like to get 1 but by that tutorial the result is 2
i tried copping that mask shape layer but in this case during animation i have some deforming on "mask shape"so shaping two layers same is not a very good idea.

According to your drawing to achieve case 1) you have to have this set up:

Light brown layer (Onto)
Dark brown layer (Composite)

And for the second case 2):

Light brown layer (Straight Onto)
Dark brown layer (Composite)

That’s all :slight_smile:

-G

hello everybody am new to synfig i just transfer from an anime studio user to a synfig user and i dont know how to do masking in synfig would anybody be kind as to show me how it done ? :slight_smile:

Well… Talk about checking the wiki (in case you haven’t) :
wiki.synfig.org/Doc:Basic_Masking

The manual also have more stuff in it.
wiki.synfig.org/Category:Manual

Or you can use the cutout tool. That works too.

Please avoid to dig out old threads and create new ones instead.
Don’t forget some features may have changed a lot in 5 years…

okay so i read the masking tutorial on the wikipedia but i still dont know how to use it do i need to group both layers like say both the eyes and the pupils ? or simply mask the layer i want to mask like say the pupil only ?

So, mask layer should be above the layers that you’re trying to mask to make it work.
I’m a bit confused… :blush:
Can you upload like a screenshot of what you’re trying to do ? Probably that will give me more idea.

Also, you should take BobSynfig’s advice. Or if you have a recent thread with similar topic you can use that too. :unamused:

I think this one’s yours : dont know how to make a character wink or blink :wink:

okay i will post a screen shot to show the issue that am having and thanks i could use all the help i can get